Chapter One: Unexpected

He had never made this mistake before. He had never done this before either. So, he supposed, his chances of this happening were also pretty high. Things would have been fine if Zeno had just left well enough alone, but instead he had to bring her here. He was very annoyed. Actually he was fuming, but his face remained blank. He had almost perfected his blank stare, and now was the optimal time to use it.

"How did he even know how to do this? It must have been all of those brothels you took him to on missions! Where else would he learn it Silva!?"

"How would I know, Kikyo? He could have learned it from anywhere. It's our fault for not telling him how to prevent this situation."

"How did he not know?! If he could figure out how to do it in the first place, how could he not have learned the risks?! He's an assassin for goodness sake! He's not an idiot!"

"It's too late for that now Kikyo. We have two options I suppose. Let it live or kill it. I suppose we could let them decide and take it from there." Silva abruptly turned towards Illumi. "Go speak with her and return with an answer within the hour." And with a nod of the head, Illumi left for the tower you were locked away in.

Laying on the bed was a young woman, stomach slightly distended, wondering what her future would be. In all honesty, you figured you were going to die. And you didn't really care. This is what you got for being compliant. For not standing up for yourself because you thought you would die, you were going to die. A catch-22 through and through. But you had accepted it, and in fact, rather approved of it. You were young and scared of this alien growing inside you. You were even a little bit bitter about who the father was. He was so scary when you met him, with his soulless eyes and cold hands. You saw him every so often at your master's villa. You were training to be a bodyguard and he was training to be an assassin. That meant that you and he were often in the same room when your master ordered an assassination. It also unfortunately meant that you and he were in the same room when your master was assassinated.

You should have died. You probably shouldn't have even been born, but you definitely shouldn't be alive at this moment. Or maybe you just wished you weren't alive. After all, you were trained from birth to master nen, so you wouldn't die that easily. Unless you allowed it.

The door opened swiftly and instead of the nice, old man who you had hoped had come to let you go, it was who you wanted to see the least.

"They've decided to let us choose. Would you rather keep the baby or kill it?" Illumi decided there would be no point in lying to you. Especially since he was going to report the answer he wanted anyway.

"Kill it please."

"I want to keep it."

"No."

"Yes." Illumi walked closer to you, "LN-san, I want it."

"You don't have to carry it in you," you whispered. He brought his palm to your face, causing you to flinch.

"Think of it as a temporary arraignment. I'm sure once you give birth, we'll have nothing more to do with you."

Tempting, you thought to yourself.

"Accept it." He commanded. And you did as you felt a wave of nausea and dread wash over you. "Good. I'll let Mother and Father know. Stay here for now." Illumi left you alone.

Ruined my life again with my own compliance. You thought as he closed the door.

AN: Trigger warning! There is a lot of infidelity, dumb reader decisions and generally some weak story writing. I promise you will be frustrated with this reader! But I still love this story and I hope you all will too :)