Chapter Fifty-Two: The Formal Announcement

As you walked into the dining room with Illumi, two young boys attached themselves to you.

"YN-san, you can't marry him, you just can't!" Killua yelled as he pulled your fancy dress.

"YN-san, please, come back with me! I'll take care of you! I'll marry you instead!" Kalluto protested as well.

You just about toppled over when Illumi grabbed the back of your dressed and lifted you up out of the preteens' grips.

"Play gentle with her. Sit down. We have an announcement."

"NO! You don't tell me what to do anymore!" Ah, he must have found and removed the needle. You thought as Killua continued his rant. "Let her go! You can't just keep her locked up forever! I won't let you!"

"Killua, stop it. Sit down." His father commanded. "We can discuss it at another time."

As everyone resumed their position at the table, you cleared your throat.

"I... We... Also have an... announcement?" You said cautiously.

"Proceed." Zeno allowed it.

You looked around at all the faces staring at you. Suddenly, you felt very tense. Your heart beat wildly in your chest and your eyes narrowed. The sweat arose on your forehead and your hands shook. Illumi took note of this sudden change in your body and thought about holding your hands. Kalluto however, had beat him to it.

"What is it, YN-san? You can tell me. I won't hate you." Kalluto said to you softly.

"I'm... pregnant." The table erupted as Kikyo screeched in angers, Milluki whined, Silva and Zeno cheered. Kalluto stayed quiet however, and continued holding your hand. In what seemed like slow-motion, Killua lept across the table at Illumi.

"I'll kill you!" He screamed out aggressively. Illumi however sat perfectly still, knowing what would happen next. Zeno grabbed Killua mid-flight and slammed him into the ground.

"Absolutely not. We do not attack our family."

"Well... Well... We also don't use nen on our family and Illumi put a needle in my head!" Killua retaliated.

The table once again grew silent. You gripped Kalluto's hand tightly. This wasn't going to be good.

"Illumi, I'm afraid I believe Killua. You must know what's going to be done." Silva announced gravely.

"No!" You let out an involuntary yelp. You hadn't meant to let it out and as much as you hated what Illumi had done, you didn't think it was right to right a wrong with another wrong. He had learned his lesson when you left him. He didn't need to learn it again physically.

"YN, dear, it will be alright. I will be okay." He place his hand on your cheek and rubbed it gently. You had already felt a surge of hormones however and you started crying. You weren't even that particularly upset, but just the thought of your children's father getting beaten made you upset.

"Mama-chan! No, I take it back! I was lying! Don't touch Aniki-san!" Killua ran towards you. Kalluto slid into your lap.

"Don't cry, Mama-chan, I'll take care of you." Kalluto whispered.

"It's... it's okay boys... I'm just...  I've just got a lot of emotions right now." You sniffled as you stroked Kalluto's hair and accepted Killua into your arms.

"Mama-chan, I didn't mean it." He sniffed as Illumi stood up to exit with his father and grandfather.

"Stop calling her that!" Kikyo screeched. "I am your mother and you will love and obey me!"

"Well she's our sister now, so there's no reason I can't love her." Killua stuck his tongue out at his adoptive mother. Of course it hurt your heart that you couldn't correct her, but the time would come. And in the mean time, you were going to have a new baby to spoil.

That is, if Kikyo didn't get to you first.