Chapter Thirty-Eight: Playing House

Meteor City wasn't too far of a distance, so it only took two days to get there. But finding the Phantom Troupe took an extra day in itself.

"I could've sworn it was somewhere around here..." You muttered as you wiped the dust off of your face.

"Is that it over there?" Kalluto asked. You looked where he was pointing, and you noticed a complete lack of aura, which was suspicious.

"Good work, Kallu, I think you found it!" You looked down at him and saw he was dragging his feet slightly and his eyes were drooping. Deciding that he was probably more tired from the new experiences than you were, you stopped and picked him up. Holding him in a reverse piggy back, with his head on your shoulder. As you walked towards the hide-out you rubbed Kalluto's back until his breathing became rhythmic and you heard a light snore. He must have been exhausted! Ugh, I'm a terrible nanny. I didn't even notice.

"Hello? Chrollo?" You called out quietly. You didn't want to wake Kalluto and you knew Chrollo had excellent hearing. Probably even better now.

"Who's asking?" A woman with blonde hair appeared and placed her hand on her hip.

"What do you need Danchou for?" A skinny samurai-looking man questioned you.

"Yeah! What do you want!?" Some big man screamed, causing Kalluto to stir in his sleep.

Instantly, you whipped out your scythe and sent it towards the large man.

"Quietly. Ask me quietly. I'm an old friend of Chrollo's and I'm here to ask a favor." You threatened.

"And what might that favor be, YN?" Chrollo finally appeared, shooing away the protective troupe.

"This is Kalluto Zoldyck. I worked for his family for these last 12 years. I've ended my employment, but I promised Kallu that I would help him find a good training opportunity. He's a prodigy at stealth. I can assure you. And who better to work on stealth, than the Phantom Troupe?"

Chrollo walked up closely to you and loomed over you.

"And what if I asked something in return?" He asked, deeply. His eyes were burning. He had always had a crush on you, and now here you were, in front of him. Fully grown.

"Maybe... You've gotten so... tall, Chrollo."

"And you've gained a baby." He didn't, of course, actually know that you had had a baby. He was referring to the small, sleeping boy you held in your arms. "All the better to play house with. Right?" His eye's were burning into yours as he reached out slowly to embrace you. "I missed you, YN"

"...I've... missed you too, Chrollo." You hesitated. You didn't know if you were ready for this, but you were certainly going to give it a go. Anything to get over Illumi.

His arms enclosed around you, creating a human sandwich with Kalluto in the middle.

"I'll train him... as long as you stay and play house with me again. Just until this little darling is ready for you to leave."

"And what makes you think he isn't ready for me to leave right now?" You inhaled deeply, nostalgic from the smell of dust and cologne.

"I'm sure if he was ready for you to leave, then you wouldn't have carried him in to the most dangerous troupe on the planet."

"Alright. Fair. I accept." You looked up at him. "Kallu... Kaaa-lluuuu. Wake up, baby." Kalluto blinked and rubbed his eyes, "Mama-chan? Are we there yet?"

"Hi, Kalluto-chan. My name is Chrollo-san. I'm going to train you, while your Mama-chan stays with us. Would you like to read some stories with me?" Chrollo asked.

Kalluto looked at you as you nodded your head and set him down. Chrollo wrapped his arm around Kalluto and walked you both towards his room.

Chrollo's eyes glittered. This was his dream. He wanted a family. The troupe was nice of course, but nothing like having a wife and child. Not that he had enough time for an actual wife and child. But pretending will satisfy me... for now.

Little did you know that a certain mischievous magician had been eavesdropping in the background. And he was definitely going to let his boyfriend know what had just transpired.