Chapter Fifty-Three: Month Three

Killua had to leave. As much as he wanted to moon over his developing niece/nephew (sister/brother), Gon needed his help with the Chimera Ants. And after explaining to you what was going on, you watched him disappear into the night.

Kalluto on the other hand, stayed as long as he possibly could. He took particular pleasure in doting on you. Illumi would often become insanely jealous when he saw Kalluto rubbing the special oils onto your stomach.

"That's supposed to be my job." He would grumble, but later in the night he would get his turn to worship the growing blob in your stomach.

But then, the day came that Kalluto had to leave.

"Mama-chan, you have to hold the baby in until I come home!" He cried as he walked out the door.

"Alright! Alright! I'll hold the baby in! Just go!" Illumi held you in his arms as you waved to Kalluto.

It had been a fun month for you, despite the clear hostility from Kikyo and the abundance of attention from Illumi and the morning sickness and the cravings... Generally, it had been pleasant.

"I don't think holding the baby in would be good for they're health, please do not feel as if you need to engage in such a behavior for my brother." Illumi noted.

You laughed and held him close. He had quickly reverted back to almost the same person as when you had been pregnant before.

"You should continue on to your light prenatal yoga." He continued.

"And what if I don't want to?" You teased.

"Then I'll have to get the measuring tape out." He said in complete seriousness.

This made you laugh even harder. Illumi had grown something that resembled a sense of humor in the last twelve years.

"You're hilarious, Illu, but really, I think I'd rather read a book or something."

His eyes flashed and his hand immediately went into his pocket.

"Did you think I was... joking?" He pulled his hand out just enough to reveal the tape measure in his pocket.

"Eep!" You screeched as you ran towards the balcony in which you performed your yoga.

"Ah, finally decided to stick to your schedule, eh?" Zeno's voice seemingly came from no where.

"Well... only by threat of harassment." You admitted.

"Well, however it occurred, I'm glad it did because I do need to discuss something with you."

"Yes, Ojii-san?"

"It's... about the mission Killua is on. It's incredibly dangerous. So dangerous that not only is he going, but so is your grandfather, Netero. And so are Silva and I. That means that in one blow, all heirs of the Zoldyck family as well as the president of the Hunter Association could be gone." Your face was troubled. Killua had vastly downplayed the danger. "I don't intend to simply frighten you. The threat is indeed real. If the Zoldycks do fall, it will be you and Illumi who take over. Do what you will with Kikyo. If your grandfather were to fail... Well, there will be an election for a new president. It will be required for all hunters to vote. Please be sure to attend with your family."

"Is that all, Ojii-san?" You turned to leave the balcony, hoping to escape the exercise.

"Yes." He grabbed you by the back of your shirt. "So let's begin."

"Ughhhh" You groaned. There was never any escape.