Chapter Fifty-Five: Month Five

"Ohhhhh gooodness." You hung up the phone. Killua had just called to tell you about the escalating situation. He was going to have to come home to get Alluka. He needed her to save Gon. This wasn't going to go well.

"Yes, dear?" Illumi popped his head into the parlor to check on you.

"Nothing! Nothing! Uh, Killua's coming home briefly, so it'll be nice to see him."

"Hmm. Yes, I would agree as well. He should spend some time with his brother before he continues on her journey. I can't help but wonder what he's up to."

"Maybe if you hadn't stuck a needle in his head, you'd be closer." You spat bitterly.

Illumi walked over and sat next to you, forehead creased.

"That's unfair. I did what I thought was best for him. Who knew he would grow to be so independent?"

"Uh, me? The person who birthed and raised him? I could've told you that."

"Well we certainly know where he gets his attitude from." Illumi chuckled and wrapped his arms around you.

"Do you ever wish he looked like you?" You mentioned suddenly.

Illumi looked at you, confused.

"Well yes. Every day. It's the very fact that he doesn't look like me that got him taken away from me."

You giggled, imagining Killua with black hair and eyes instead of white and blue. It seemed ridiculous knowing him now. But in the midst of laughing, your face became wet with tears.

"Oh dear, I didn't wish to upset you my love. I only spoke the truth."

"I know..." You sniffled as you wiped your tears away. "The baby just makes me so sensitive. I really do wish we could have raised our baby together. I mean, what kind of name is Killua? I would have preferred something else I think. Although he's certainly grown into his name."

"He's a handful. I certainly hope our next baby will be much easier to train."

"...I don't think I want this baby to be trained like Killua was."

"What do you mean?"

"I wonder... I wonder if because this baby won't be an heir, if they could do something besides train to be an assassin. I mean, I'm not an assassin. Why should this baby."

Partially, you really felt this way, but at this point, you were also stalling. Killua would have been in Alluka's room by now, hopefully getting her out.  And it was all working until Silva made the announcement.

"Killua will coming to get Alluka soon." His voice boomed over the intercom system.

"What? Killua's coming for that? To use Alluka? He must be needing his powers." Illumi thought for a minute. He thought that maybe, just maybe, if he learned to use Alluka like Killua could, he could wish to raise Killua as his own. Then you wouldn't have to cry over it. "I need them more. I will retrieve them both."

It was decided. He needed Alluka at any cost. Abruptly he left the room.

"Shit." You mumbled as you followed Illumi, trying to dissuade him. Unfortunately, your state of body prevented you from flying out the window after him.

This is going to be messy. Was the only thought in your mind.

I'm going to need help. I'll have to call him. Illumi thought as he practically flew across the estate to prepare for Killua's arrival

"Hello~ Have you decided that a relationship with me is more your flavor?~" Hisoka purred over the phone.

"No, but I need to meet up with you to discuss some business. It's pretty urgent. We'll have to agree on terms by the morning." If we even have that much time. "Meet me at the usual bar."