Chapter Fifty-Nine: Month Nine and The Birth

The wedding had been very small. It was just your family and closest friends. Every single Zoldyck had shown up, although Killua had been on high alert the entire time. It was a beautiful ceremony, with Illumi wearing a simple black tuxedo and you wearing a white, tea-length maternity dress.

It wasn't a week later that you went into labor. Luckily, you had been at the Zoldyck Mansion when it happened and the nurse who had delivered Killua was still employed.

"Are you scared, YN?" Illumi asked as you gripped his hand in pain.

"N-no! I just want to meet our baby!" You said through gritted teeth.

The labor only lasted a few hours and suddenly, you were holding your tiny bundle of red, blotchy baby.

"Asaka." You said. It was a beautiful name, you thought, and it signified the new beginning. It also agreed with the Zoldyck naming convention.

She looked just like Illumi, with black hair and shiny black eyes. As all of the present Zoldycks filtered in, you noticed the shock on all of their faces.

"A girl? Really? I didn't think it was possible." Silva was astonished.

"I have so many dresses for her! I am so excited!" Kikyo screeched.

"A girl? What use is that? She won't appreciate my figurines." Milluki complained.

"I love her, Mama-chan. She would be like my little sister." Kalluto hedged his words. He knew you were leaving, although he didn't know where to. You couldn't abandon him again. It was unfortunate that Asaka would grow up without these uncles and her brother to love her, but it was worth the risk.

"I am proud of you, YN. And I am sure your grandfather is proud as well." Zeno added as he handed back your daughter.

It had been a long... twelve years. And finally, everything was wrapping up. It felt like simply hours had passed by in your life, and that if someone were to read about it, they'd think it was a work of fiction. But it was your life, and you loved it.

That night, as you laid Asaka in her bassinet you turned to Illumi.

"Why don't our kids EVER look like me?" You asked, exasperated.

"It's a shame." Illumi responded. And he believed that. You were a strong, beautiful woman and your daughter would be lucky to be like you.

You fell into the bed, exhausted. You may have been something of a nen master by now, but giving birth really took the  energy out of you.

"My mother was up and training again by the evening after she had me." You noted as Illumi stripped down and joined you in bed.

"We're our own family. And we're going to do things our way. And perhaps for us, giving birth means the evening off."

You laughed. The adventure to the Dark Continent would be in three months. In the meantime, you'd be nursing Asaka and helping her get as strong as possible for the days ahead. Living with the Zoldycks would have been torture, but growing up in the Dark Continent? That's a whole other level.