Chapter Twenty-Six: Tricky Situations

After a long and intimate night, you and Illumi drifted into a joyful sleep. However, it didn't last long. Not even a few hours later, the door to your room creaked open and your eyes shot open. Within the blink of an eye, Illumi was hidden and you were grabbing anything to fashion into pajamas. Hopefully, in the dark, this intruder wouldn't notice the embarrassing state you were in.

"Mama-chan?" You heard Killua sniffling.

"Yes, Killu?" You asked lightly. Clearly something had happened, otherwise your proud son would never have retreated to your room. Killua ran to your sitting figure and flung himself onto you, tears falling. As he embraced you with a vice-like grip, you held him close. Stroking his hair and rocking him as best you could, you allowed him to cry it out. He was trying to tell you what was wrong, but between the sniffling and tears and cramming himself into your body, it was really difficult to hear him.

"Gon and I... Game... Stupid old man..." Killua stuttered out. Must be my grandfather playing unfair games again. Poor Killua has probably never had such a challenge that had nothing to do with training.

Eventually Killua cried himself to sleep.

"Why do you push yourself so hard, Killu?" You whispered. He wasn't usually a teary child, but when he stayed up too long and let himself get too frustrated, it was inevitable.

Suddenly, Illumi appeared next to you. Kissing Killua's soft white hair, he spoke softly.

"You're a very good mother. I wish you and him luck in the next stage. And please, if you see me in my disguise, call me Gittarakur. I'm not ready to show myself to Kil."

You looked up at him, happy to hear such pleasant words.

"Thank you Illu. I hope to see you again. I'll be sure to use discretion."

"May I change my appearance here? Feel free to sleep. I simply fear that a certain annoyance is staked out in my room."

This piqued your interest. You had heard that Illumi was practicing such a skill, but you had yet to observe it. Nodding as you gently moved to a reclining position and rubbing Killua's back, you simply watched.

Having gotten dressed while hiding, All Illumi had to do was add his pins to transform. You cringed as you watched him push needles deep into his body, turning from a beautiful human being into some ugly purple monster.

"Doesn't that hurt, Illu?" You whispered.

All Illumi could do was nod his head. It was indeed very painful and all he could really do was jerky movements. However, it was all worth it in order to watch over his son and his son's mother.

"Well hopefully I'll get to see you without this costume again." You reached your hand out to him. "Maybe without anything," you added slyly as you winked.

Illumi chuckled and reached out to squeeze your hand before he left.

After a few minutes of relaxing with your son, you began to extract yourself from his grip. It was going to be light sooner rather than later, so you needed an outfit that hid the damage done to your neck. Luckily, you had brought a high collared, lace shirt. Pulling that on and tightening the laces, you pondered what to wear next. A skirt or pants? You had no idea what the next phase would be, but you figured pants would be best. Putting on a pair of short, black bloomers. Really short. So short, that you tried to remember if these were technically underwear. Eventually, you shrugged and accepted the fact that your legs would be on display for all to see.

Returning to Killua, you decided to nap with him for the remaining hours of the flight.

When the zeppelin finally landed, you work Killua up. Your nap hadn't been as deep as you wanted, but you were feeling rather relaxed. After persuading him to get himself ready for the day, brushing his hair and getting yours out of your face, you both exited the zeppelin.

Phase three was ready to begin. After hearing a brief explanation of the task-- get to the bottom of Trick Tower-- and watching one fool try to simply rappel down the side, you decided to get to work. Killua had long ago run off to be with Gon and friends, while you looked around for Illumi... only to see him disappear into the tower. Ahh, you thought, trap doors. You began running around on every block you saw until finally you were flipped into a room. In front of you however, was a scene that made your blood boil.

Hisoka had his tongue down Illumi's (Gittarakur currently) throat and Illumi certainly didn't seem to mind.

"Welcome to the 'Three's A Crowd' route!" The announcer startled the two men into looking around. Then, Illumi's eyes met yours.

"Oh fuck."

You glared at him and spat out, "'Oh fuck' is right you idiot." And you turned away from him, uncontrollably spilling out blood lust.