Chapter Nineteen: Age Six

Today was the day. Silva had mandated that it was time for Killua to leave home and train at Heaven's Arena. You felt depressed, but the excitement that Killua had comforted you. He was most certainly going to get hurt and hopefully miss you as much as you would miss him. But he wasn't allowed to come home until he reached the 200 level floors. 

As you waved goodbye to your son, you glanced over at Illumi, who was also being suspiciously calm about his beloved leaving home for the first time. It took Killua only a few seconds to disappear out of sight-- he was excited to leave this prison-like home-- and slowly but surely everyone returned to their daily tasks. Before Illumi could disappear from sight however, you grabbed his arm.

"Can you--"

"Go look after Kil?" He cut you off. "I was already going to. You don't have to worry."

"Oh thank goodness. Be safe." Illumi looked at you curiously.

"Safe?"

"Oh you know what I mean!" You chuckled. The Zoldycks were never "safe". You had been with them long enough to know that.

Giving Killua an ample amount of head-start, Illumi then decided to follow behind. This could take months. Thought Illumi to himself. I may find some other way to occupy my time.

For the next few days, Illumi stalked Killua, eliminating any obstacle that he deemed "too dangerous" for his son and generally making sure that Killua eventually would arrive at the intended place. It took Killua a total of six days to get to Heaven's Arena. This was impressive given that no one had told him where to go, how to get there or generally any knowledge about the outside world. Killua looked up at the tall building and gasped. His house was big, but this was huge. Bigger than big. Illumi watched Killua rush inside and sign up for his first fight. Chuckling, Illumi followed him inside. He is so adorable having this much passion. I will have to commend him-- oh right. Definitely should not tell him that I followed him. YN would be angry as well.

So he watched. And watched. And watched. Weeks of watching turned into months of watching and Illumi was bored out of his mind. No assassinations, no training and no YN. Every night he longed for something, and someone, to do. Finally, after a few months of doing nothing but watching his son get beat up or do some serious fighting, a certain stranger began appearing everywhere that Illumi was. This went on for another month and just before Illumi was about to say something, the fuchsia-haired stranger introduced himself.

"My, my~ Fancy seeing you here~ Is little Killua-kun your favorite? He certainly is mine~" The stranger purred, making Illumi ooze bloodlust. Immediately the strange man opened his eyes wider. "Oh my~ it seems I may have to change my opinion. That aura that you are letting off is incredibly delectable~ Let me have a taste hmm?~"

Illumi had enough of this. He was incredibly angry-- how dare this stranger favor Killua-- but he was also... aroused? The stranger seemed as though he was simply being mischievous and was purposefully trying to push his buttons. In response, Illumi decided it was time to threaten him. With lightning quick reflexes, he pushed the man against the wall and pushed a pin (his favorite weapon) against his neck.

"Who are you and what do you want?" The strange and oddly attractive young man chuckled. He then whipped out a playing card, pushing it into Illumi's neck before he had a chance to react.

"I'm a magician if you can't tell~ And what is it that I would like?~ I'd like it if you'd move that pin down lower~" He replied with a wink. Illumi was deeply confused. Lower? Like to his heart? Slowly, in order to preserve his own life, he moved the needle to the magician's heart.

"Hee hee~ Lower still!" The man also lowered his playing card to Illumi's heart. Lower? To his gut? Not a very fatal place. Illumi thought to himself. The man had captivated him and now he was sucked into this game. He moved his hand with the pin to the magician's gut when suddenly his hand was grasped. Letting out a panicked breath, Illumi tried to resist, but the bloodlust was too strong and he was feeling awful. Slowly, the stranger moved his own hand and Illumi's lower until both hands rested upon what was now a growing problem for both men.

"You seem so strong, yet so naive~ Would you like me to show you how magical I can really be?" Illumi knew what he was implying. His brain screamed no. He knew he shouldn't go. He knew he shouldn't want to do this as badly as he did. His thoughts were simply no, no, no, don't, do not do it, not safe, watch Killua, no, no, no. But the only word that came out of his mouth was:

"Yes."