Chapter Twenty-Three: Adult Conversation

Running wasn't exactly your favorite thing to do, but it was certainly no problem. Especially since your legs could stretch out at will... and so could the examiner's. Quickly catching up to him, you decided to spark a conversation; after all, it wasn't every day you met someone who had similar nen abilities to you.

"Do you only use momentum to keep you going?" You asked.

"Most people don't disclose their nen abilities. Safety protocols and whatnot."

"Most people don't meet someone with a similar nen ability. I'm able to strengthen my bones enough that they don't get wobbly. Can't you lighten up a little Mustache-san?"

The man giggled. "You're cute, Goth-chan. Fine, you've got me. I don't do anything with my bones, that's why my legs are so round when I walk. It's just my skin. In fact," he pulled at his cheeks and made a funny face while winking, "All of my skin does this."

This caused you to burst out into laughter and stumble a little bit. You heard Killua call out, asking if you were okay, so you slowed down and spoke with him.

"I'm fine Killu. Just a little adult conversation." You felt a familiar dark aura creep around you, but looking around you saw no one who looked too suspicious.

"Well as long as you don't fall in love with him, that's fine. I won't share you Mama-chan!" He stuck his tongue out at you, indicating his playful mood.

"Who knows, Killu... you could be calling him Papa-san one day soon!" You joked back, making Killua blush. You felt a surge of bloodlust again and this time tried to focus on where it was coming from. You weren't quite able to pinpoint it but it was coming from the direction of the... magician. Of course. That made sense, he seemed like a huge pervert just looking for a fight. "Killu, why don't you go make friends. There seems to be a few people around your age. Go say hello."

Killua reached up to hold your hand. "Do I have to Mama-chan? Can't I just stay with you?"

"Oh Killu! Nope! Go, go. I won't interfere with your exam at all, go learn how to be a kid."

"Ughhh, fine. I'll see you when we sleep then, Mama-chan. Good luck!" And he laid down his skateboard and rode away. So you decided to join back up at the front until the first section of the exam was over. It took so many more hours. So. Many. Hours. You just wanted to be done. This was so boring. Then, you saw the light. Just as you were about to exit, Killua and another little boy sped past you. Chuckling, you went over to the exhausted kids.

"Who is this Killu?" You asked.

"This is Gon-kun! He's pretty fast. But he's going to buy me dinner because I won the race!"

"No way Killua-kun! I won that race!"

Oh my gosh. They are too cute! I hope Killua learns how to be a good friend, you thought to yourself. Soon enough, the gate began closing behind you. A decent amount of people had made it through, but not everyone. Good, you mused, less competition. So Satotz-san began speaking.

"This is the Numere Wetlands, full of deadly creatures at every turn. You must stay on your--"

"Stop! That man isn't the examiner! He's a man-faced ape, he attacked me before the examine began!"

You heard mumbles ripple throughout the crowd.

"Who's telling the truth?"

"What should we do?"

"How can we do this?"

Suddenly, cards whipped through the air at both men. The real Satotz was able to stop the cards, while the beast was not. Classic test, you thought, as Satotz questioned Hisoka. You looked over at Killua and saw not just Gon, but two other boys as well. Or at least one other boy and a teenage boy dressed a little too professional. At least, he's making friends. Satotz then motioned for everyone to follow him and with a sigh, you began running again.