Chapter Twenty-Two: Reunited

As expected, Killua was able to make it to the examination with few problems. He was after all a trained assassin. But you had more trouble than usual staying hidden. This was because it was the first time you and your son were allowed out of the mansion at the same time, the first time for you period since his birth. Everything looked... the same. No huge innovations happened, nothing really seemed out of the ordinary for you being gone twelve years. New technologies made it into the Zoldyck house, so you did have and know what a cell phone was and you knew about the little improvements. Yet, no flying cars; such a disappointment.

Anyway, you really wanted to tell Killua everything. You two could stay out here and live freely as the family you were meant to be. Killua could be a normal kid. But that could never happen with the Zoldycks still around. You thought bitterly. They'd chase us to the ends of the planet to get their precious heir back. So you stayed away. Once you made it to the examination room however, this became impossible. You grabbed your number button-- perfect one-hundred-- and decided it would be even more interesting if you let Killua come to you. This meant however, that you were bored out of your mind for the few hours before the exam began. Especially since Killua was just sitting around, not expecting you. At one point, you saw a strange man go over to your son and your whole body bristled. He better not hurt Killu. I'll kill him. You thought. However, after seeing that it was only a simple offering a soda, you relaxed. Assuming it was poison, Killua could easily handle it. You however, could not. When the loser known as Tonpa appeared near you with his devious offer, you simply ignored him. Gosh, I really hope something eats him. You giggled lightly. Then, the mood grew dark. You noticed that the same man that you had caught Illumi with earlier was prowling around. You let out a verbal groan and a nasty aura which unfortunately caught his attention.

"Ahh~ I remember you from somewhere~ Where have we met before?~ And why are you letting off such a delicious aura?~"

You looked away; no way were you going to play nice with someone who took your place. Unfortunately, you were dressed rather unconventionally and so there wasn't really a good way to blend into the environment and escape this cruel and unusual punishment of conversing with your child's father's boyfriend.

"You should answer when someone asks a question." His aura became dark and his smile dropped from his face.

You reached slowly towards your elasticized scythe that was wrapped around your thigh. It was going to be a quick draw it seemed, as you certainly weren't going to engage him in conversation and he certainly wasn't going to let you get away. Then, in a lightning flash, Hisoka threw his cards and you both blocked and attacked with your scythe. You didn't want to kill him, but certainly meant to threaten him. So his card deflected off of your scythe's staff and the blade wrapped around his neck. He probably would have walked away pleased, or at least aroused, but that was the time that Killua spotted you.

"MAMA-CHANNNNNN" He cried out as he sprinted towards you. Hisoka looked at you, him and back at you and then bust out into laughter.

"Oh my~ You're the darling who watches over the young Zoldyck boys!~ You walked in on me and Illumi during our intimate moment~ You may call me Hisoka in the future~" Hisoka said over his own laughter.

Embarrassed, you relinquished him from your scythe's grip and turned to greet your son. Happy with the introduction and sensing it was more of a private moment, Hisoka left. Killua on the other hand, practically tackled you to the ground and smothered you with hugs and snuggles. He had never done well separated from you, so you supposed he was making up for lost time.

"I missed you so much, Mama-chan! Why are you here? To take me back? Because I won't go!" He chatted with you.

"Oh no, I would never dream of taking you back, Killu. I'm just here to make sure nothing goes too wrong for you. Plus, I'm going to get my Hunter's License as well." You winked at him and he giggled in return. "Well I want you to enjoy your time away from your family. Make friends. Experience something new. I'm not trying to interfere at all, so I really do wish you the best of luck on the exam Killu! And I won't be too far behind if you need me."

"Can... can we sleep together at night, Mama-chan? I miss when we did that."

Your heart felt like it was about to burst. Here was your strong, independent boy at twelve years old, asking if he could cuddle you at night. You couldn't resist and began smothering him with kisses and tickles.

"Of course, Killu. But you probably won't want to, when you make friends!"

"What do you even mean when you say 'friends', Mama-chan, I don't understand."

"It's like us, but maybe less cuddles. Not your family, but you like them a lot anyway. You'll learn. I promise."

"Okay Mama-chan, I trust you."

And with that, you heard the examiner begin to speak.