Chapter Thirty: Quick Draw

The only thing that stopped you both from going any further was the smothering aura Hisoka was letting off.

"I don't want to see it." Hisoka fumed as he stormed off down his tunnel. It was a warning to Illumi, that if he wanted to remain romantic with him, he would have to refrain from giving you affection in front of him.

Lust clouded both your and Illumi's eyes as you retreated from each other.

"There's nothing more that I want right now than to have you right here and now." Illumi murmured.

"But?" You prodded.

"But I'm afraid if I start now, I won't be able to stop. And I would really like to finish this exam."

You giggled. I'm surprised we have so much sexual tension after last night...

Either way, you both continued on your own separate paths. You wondered why you hadn't had to wait the ten hours. The answer was however, would come to you later.

Thinking that you would have another set of questions to answer, you continued down the path, avoiding anything that looked suspicious. Around a particular bend, you came face-to-face with a cloaked figure.

Examining them closer, you notice their hands and feet were locked together. A prisoner. You thought to yourself.

"Welcome to your final round! This round is an individual round because... Three's a crowd! Hahaha!" The announcer laughed a little too loudly for your comfort. "For each minute that you are stalled, you get an hour added to your penalty time. If you beat your opponent, you are free to wait your penalty out in a special room and then continue to the waiting room with everyone else who passed. Best of luck! Time begins when someone attacks." The loudspeaker cut off.

An hour for each minute? That's just cruel. Well at least it will be quick for them.

"I am Parse, your opponent today." They removed their cloak to reveal an average looking man. "I almost feel bad for you, having to face me. On the streets they called m--"

His head rolled off of his body.

"And now they call you dead. Sorry Parse, but I don't have any time to waste. I have to see my son."

You flicked the blood off of your scythe, wiping the rest off with your hands. You had been working on this move: Faster Than Sound-- Silent Killer. The way it worked was simple. The scythe would travel faster than the speed of sound if and only if you fulfilled your constraints. First, your intent has to be to kill. Second, it can't be used on someone you care about. Third, it requires 67% of the current nen you have left. This meant that as you grew more tired, it would have a higher chance of missing. But why 67%? It had to do with someone you were thinking about constantly while you were training. 

"I'll go wait my ten hours now." You said to really no one. As a side door opened up, you kicked Parse's head away from you and went to take a nap.