Chapter Ten: His Fears

You came to a few minutes later, but by then you were laying in a room with hospital supplies. The pain however, was unexpectedly absent. You knew you had injured your leg and wondered why it was suspiciously normal feeling. Looking towards your feet, around your belly, you saw Illumi hard at work, sewing what seemed to be the circumference of your leg, just below the knee.

Ah, you thought to yourself, he must have numbed it and stopped the bleeding.

"I'm sor--" you began. But you were quickly cut off.

"You're sorry?" Illumi whipped his head around quickly, a hardened, emotionless face stared back at you, but the tear stains gave away his true feelings. "Sorry does not even begin to cover this. Never in my life have I ever met someone as utterly moronic as you. Did you not think that we wouldn't have a protective beast further in the forests? Did you figure that a stroll through our dark, uninhabitable woods would be a fun afternoon activity for one in your state?"

"I figured you would have some beasts, but nothing I couldn't normally handle." You quipped back, embarrassed after the berating you received.

"You figured? You had enough brains to realize what protections we would have, and yet you still wanted to venture out? What do you have to prove? You are eight months pregnant, you should be relaxing in the house. Instead, you are out trying to lose your limbs, or even worse, meet your untimely death."

"I was bored." You whispered.

"Bored? Bored? Well then I mistook you. I thought you to simply be the dumbest of the dumb. But instead you're a murderer. Great. Just what I wanted the mother of my child to be."

"Aren't you being a bit dramatic? I'm not a murderer, you can't murder yourself."

"Well you're certainly trying to kill my child. I should've known. You never wanted it since day one. You resent me for forcing you to keep them. So now, you've tried to take your revenge by allowing me to grow attached to both you and the child and then trying to take everything away in one fell swoop."

"You're 'attached' to me?" You blushed inappropriately, startling Illumi and causing him to blush and return to sewing your leg flesh back together. Quietly, you continued, "That wasn't my intention. In fact, one could say that I also have grown quite attached to this baby... and the father of them."

"Don't leave me." Illumi whispered, barely audible.

"Excuse me?" You tried to clarify. Illumi stared at you, a frown now visible on his face.

"I love you. Please don't leave me."

"Okay" was all you could respond with, stunned at his confession.