Chapter Thirty-Seven: On The Road Again

Illumi had stayed with Hisoka for the last few days, allowing you some time away from him. When he did show up, briefly, for another assignment, you noticed that both of his arms and all of his fingers were bandaged.

"YN." He appeared behind you. "Please, forgive me."

"No. And it's LN-san."

He gripped your arm, and reflexively, you elasticized it and removed it from him.

"I'm serious, Illumi-sama. Leave me alone." You began walking off.

"But I can't. You live here." He whined.

"Not anymore. Maybe you missed it, because you don't actually care about him, but Killua-sama's friends came and got him. My contract was ended. I never have to see you again. I'm going to take Kalluto to some old contacts of mine and then I'm going to travel the world and decide what type of hunter to be. So say farewell."

"Please. I need you."

"What you need is a less sadistic boyfriend. Silva won't be happy when he sees you. "

"You're not listening to me."

"I'm not your employee. I don't have to anymore."

Suddenly, Kalluto was next to you.

"Leave Mama-chan alone Aniki-san. Don't bother her anymore." He grabbed your hand and lead to away.

You walked away to pack your few belongings and to help Kalluto with his.

You had gotten the go-ahead from the family to take Kalluto to see the notorious Phantom Troupe. Masters of stealth would be perfect for your quiet Kallu. Plus, you knew that Chrollo simply loved young children. Not that he would admit it. Ever since you had met when you were little, you both had taken pleasure in playing house together.

Maybe... We can play that again. You had the thought run through your head, and you'd be lying if a small smile didn't appear on your face. I can do it. I can move on from that monster. But that was a lie as well. Illumi was the father of your child and you knew that you'd never really get away from him.

Not that you had really wanted to separate from Illumi. Now would have been the time that your relationship could have blossomed. But besides begging you to come back, he hadn't done anything to correct his behavior. Did Silva know about the pin in Killua? You were sure that he wouldn't allow it. And did he ever apologize to Killua for forcing him to fail the exam and come home? Certainly not, because he hid at his boyfriend's house while his own son was being tortured.

"Kalluto, are you ready, baby?" You asked gently at his door.

"Yes, Mama-chan!" Kalluto was incredibly excited. Not only was he escaping the confines of the mansion, but he was going on an adventure with you to get to masters that you picked out just for him. He ran over to you and grasped your hand.

"Alright, let's go then, Kallu! To Meteor City!"

"What?" Kalluto's eyes grew wide. His first time out and he was going there?

"That's where my friend is from. It's not really that scary, just dusty. Plus, Mama-chan will protect you!"

"And Kallu will protect you." Kalluto took his role very serious. He would protect you no matter what, bring Killua back to his family and make sure that he learned to be a master assassin.

AN: If you want to read about what Illumi and Hisoka were up to, here's the link!

https://www.wattpad.com/479293004-the-zoldyck%27s-nanny-the-lemons-chapter-thirty-six

Or you can go to my profile and find it there!

Hope you're all enjoying the story! Thank you so much for all of the votes and comments, and keep them coming!