Chapter Forty: It's All Fun and Games

You woke up with Kalluto on your right side and Chrollo on the other side of him. It had been about a week and a half since you first arrived. Chrollo was already awake and simply looking at the ceiling. Kalluto was snuggled up to Chrollo, snoring lightly. You sat up and stretched, looking over to remember that Chrollo was shirtless and your face lit up in a blush.

"Good morning, YN. Did you have fun last night?" He looked over at you, but was careful not to wake Kalluto.

Blushing harder, you thought back to last night.

Most of the Phantom Troupe had dispersed with orders to meet in Yorknew City on a particular day. That left the three of you alone with one or two members that would pop in when they had time. Yesterday it had been Feitan and Phinks, who took a particular interest in playing hide-and-seek with Kalluto. This was because Kalluto never lost. Ever. His stealth was at such a level that even Chrollo took hours to find him. But whenever Kalluto did finally get found, he would run out to you and hug you, earning a kiss on his cheek and a compliment for doing such a good job hiding.

If only the Zoldycks were a little bit more flexible when it came to training. Illumi, Milluki and Killua might have been okay with the typical training but look at Kalluto. Playing games, positive reinforcement and friends have really made Kalluto bloom. Just another example of the Zoldycks screwing up another person's life. And when I leave, Kalluto will go right back to where he came from. He'll be quiet and sullen and neglected.

You absentmindedly stroked his cheek and hair as you nodded.

"Maybe we can work with Kallu on his nen today." You offered quietly.

"What type of nen does he possess? He's pretty small to be using it."

"His grandfather helped him learn. One of the only decent people in that family. He manipulates paper and paper dolls."

"Mama-chan? Is it breakfast time?" Kalluto snuggled into Chrollo, mistaking him for you.

You chuckled lightly, as Chrollo ruffled his hair.

"If you want breakfast, Kalluto-chan, you'll have to wake up enough to realize that I'm just a little bit bigger than Mama-chan." Chrollo responded, also chuckling.

Kalluto sat up abruptly, with his face bright red.

"S-Sorry, Chrollo-san." He backed up a little bit, but Chrollo sat up and pulled Kalluto into an embrace.

"It's okay, Kallu-chan, you can snuggle me. I love snuggles!" You laughed loudly at Chrollo's antics. But your eyes widened when you saw that Kalluto was actually cuddling Chrollo back. Getting up, you decided to take some initiative.

"I'll make breakfast. Pancakes?"

"Sounds delicious, YN. Maybe Kallu-chan and I can make some paper dolls." Chrollo noted. He turned and looked at Kalluto.  "I hear you're pretty good at paper dolls and you can do some really cool things with nen on them. Would you care to show me?"

You caught the mischevious glint in his eye, so you walked over and leaned down next to his ear.

"If you take my precious Kallu's nen ability, I will not hesitate to kill you." Leaking just enough blood lust to show you were serious. Chrollo wrapped an arm around you and pulled you closely.

"I wouldn't expect anything else, Mama-chan."

The rest of the day went fabulously, with Chrollo playing paper dolls with Kalluto and helping him practice his nen.

When the day finally wrapped up, all three of you laid back in the large bed that the day started in.

"Good night, Kallu. Good night Chrollo." You called out.

"Good night, YN. Good night Kallu." Chrollo responded.

"Good night Mama-chan..." Kallu hesitated and then in the quietest voice added, "Good night Papa-san."

Chrollo and you both beamed. Kalluto had adjusted to fast to this makeshift family, and you would be sad to dissolve it, but the time was coming for you to leave.

That's it. I'm going to kill her. Illumi thought to himself as he watched the disgusting exchange. I should be Papa-san. Me only. And here she is letting my brother call that sick man by a name that should be mine. September 1st. That's the day you die, YN.