Chapter Forty-Five: Starting Anew

You were tired. So tired. Illumi had kept you up late into the night and you hadn't forgotten what your grandfather said. So early in the morning, you kissed Illumi good-bye and set off on your own way to Yorknew city.

Your work there was hard. And it was months before you had gotten everything set up for the orphans. Honestly, you were loving this job. It was like being nanny to all the kids in the city. But the time came for you to leave. Where to? You had no idea. This was the first time in over twelve years that you hadn't been told where to go or what to do. You had enough money to do nothing for the rest of your life. You had made up with the father of your child. Your child... I should go check on him.

You pulled out your cell phone and dialed Killua.

"What?" He responded.

"Is that how you pick up the phone, Killu? I think I taught you better than that."

"Mama-chan, I'm just about to pass the hunter's exam."

"Oh good work, Killu! Let's celebrate. What would you like to do?"

"Aren't you busy? I have to get back to Gon. We're playing Greed Island! I'll let you know how we do! Okay? Love you Mama-chan~ Bye!" He hung up on you.

"Ugh, that boy." You mumbled to yourself. I'll try Kalluto. "Kallu?"

"Mama-chan, I'm with my friends. We're playing hide-and-seek. Go play with your friends!" Quickly, he too hung up on you.

You groaned loudly. On to Menchi and Buhara.

"Mench--" You cheered.

"We're in the middle of a cave right now, we'll call you back when we're done!"  Menchi hung up as well.

Put-off, you sat down huffily on the plush chair in your hotel room.

"Are you going to call me next?" Illumi's voice sounded off from behind you, causing you to fall off of your chair in surprise.

"Jeez, Illu. You scared me. You could knock, you know."

"Why didn't you call me first?"

"I worry that you'll be in the middle of an assassination."

Illumi cocked his head to the side.

"Interesting. I'm surprised you would care."

"Why? It's not like I haven't lived in your home for the last twelve years. I know how your family works."

"Which reminds me. Move home."

"I just got out of there, why would I go back?"

"We have to plan."

"Plan what?"

"Are you pretending with me, for a joke? I don't think it's particularly funny."

"I'm... not joking? What? What are we supposed to be planning? Nothing for the boys, I presume. Is it something with Alluka? Is there a ball? Because I'm not obligated to help with that anymo--"

"Our wedding, YN, that's what."

You whipped your head towards Illumi and noticed he was indeed on his knees, isn't it supposed to be just one?-- and had a beautiful ring waiting for you. Amethyst and emerald with an ornate, black, titanium band.

"Why don't you take out your scythe and focus your nen in your eyes." He suggested.

Quickly, you pulled it off of your thigh and examined it. Turning it over to the small Z on the bottom, a nen message quickly rose.

YN, will you marry me?

You looked from the message, to Illumi, to the ring, to Illumi, to the message, to the ceiling, to Illumi, to the message--

"YN."

"Yes."