Chapter Forty-Eight: Reminisce

"I, uh, I wasn't sure. I wasn't even sure I wanted to admit it yet." You said, sheepishly.

"How much longer do you have?"  Zeno asked, very seriously.

"Seven, eight months tops." You reported back.

"Plenty of time then." He looked at you, expectantly.

"Plenty of time for what?"

"To put everything in order."

"Ojii-san, please don't tell anyone." You begged. You would tell everyone. Eventually. Maybe.

"Two months. My guess is that it will be obvious by then, but you must tell them within the next two months. Otherwise I'll do it for you." And with a nod, Zeno left your room.

Shaken, you gathered your books and quickly returned to Illumi's room.

"Ah, YN, welcome back. I recalled how you only spent one night in my bed."

"The day Killu was born. I remember. Vividly. Luckily, this time is much different."

"Luckily, indeed. Now please, come to bed." Illumi reached his arms out to you. He was shirtless, with only a pair of silken black boxers on. You stripped off your clothing down to your panties and joined him in bed, placing your books on the side table.

Illumi held you close, inhaling your scent.

"We'll get our own wing of the house when we marry. It wouldn't be fair for me to keep you in my childhood bedroom."

"Which reminds me! Do you still have that pregnancy book in here?" You remembered when you stumbled upon it, full of notes.

"Perhaps. It would be in the drawer of the bed side table."

As you rummaged through the stuffed drawer, you came across an envelope with photos bursting out of it.

"What's this?" You asked, as you pulled out the envelope.

"That's nothing." Illumi responded quickly, reaching for the white package.

"Nothing, eh? So nothing that you're trying to get it from me?" You held it out away from him and began to remove the photos.

"Give it back!" He raised his voice and laid on top of you.

"No! I have to know what it is now!" You fell out of the bed and began to crawl away, but Illumi grabbed you by the foot. As he pulled you back, you took the photos out and looked at them.

They were you. All you. During your pregnancy. All taken without your knowledge. The first picture was you sleeping, around three months. Illumi crawled on top of you, but noticed that you'd already discovered his secret. Defeated, he laid on the floor next to you.

"You took all of these?"

"Well, some of them I asked the butlers to take, but most of them were me."

"You're pretty talented at photography. Maybe you should do that instead of assassination." You chuckled.

"And maybe I should take up embroidery." He replied, deadpan.

"Oh, Illu, was that a joke?! Who knew you could be such a comedian. I take it back! Comedy is the art for you!"

He kissed your cheek and together you both reminisced the time when you were pregnant.

"Soon, YN. Soon we can have our own baby. I promise."

"I wholeheartedly believe that, Illu."

That night was quite pleasant, with you and Illumi relaxing in his room. Eventually, you fell asleep in his arms, feeling like everything was going just right for once.