Chapter Forty-One: Until Somebody Gets Hurt

"Stay with me, YN. Come back after the heist." Chrollo was lightly begging you.

"Nope, Kalluto said that he was ready for me to leave. And I have plenty of things to do." You replied.

"But I don't want you to leave. Besides, Kalluto isn't a member of the Phantom Troupe. He can't stay here after the heist. The other members are already suspicious enough of him."

"Well, you are their Danchou. So I suppose it wouldn't be very easy to explain that Kalluto will be staying a while longer."

"Mmm. I know. I just don't want you to go. You were having so much fun playing house. It was like we had a baby."

"...Chrollo?" You looked over at him and sighed. It would probably be best if you just told him the full reason why you wanted to leave.

"Yes, YN?" He looked at you quizzically.

"I do have a baby. And I need to go check on him. And I need to check on his father too. I'm worried the way we all parted. I certainly don't want anyone to get hurt because I was too hasty."

Chrollo sat in silence for a few minutes in thought. She had a baby? That she needs to check on? I would have figured it was Kalluto if anyone. He racked his strategical brain for the answer to this problem. It must be someone in the Zoldyck family, if she's been there twelve years. Maha? No, too old. Zeno? No, he's best friends with Netero. He would never risk that connection. Silva? Hmm. That could be it. Although I had thought he was completely loyal to Kikyo. Illumi? I don't know much about him, but the time line would work. Milluki? Too... Milluki. So it's between Silva or Illumi.

"It's Illumi." You responded, seemingly reading his mind. "Not that I had much of choice in it."

"Did he... hurt you?" Chrollo asked cautiously. He wouldn't put it past the emotionless man to force a woman to have his child.

"Yeah... but not then. Then we were just stupid kids. He hurt our child so deeply and so purposefully that I haven't been able to forgive him. But I still care about him of course."

"I see. Well you're always welcome here and always welcome in my bed, YN." Chrollo winked as you chuckled. Kalluto had just left to return back to the mansion to prepare for his role in the heist. Chrollo had apparently hired the family to eliminate the Ten Dons; a very smart idea you thought.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck with today Chrollo. I hope everyone remains safe."

And with that you took off for the day. You headed to the continent that Yorknew was on, but you weren't intending on stopping there. At least not tonight. You were heading for a jungle down there, thinking you could try out a few different hunting specialties such as toxin, virus, botanical and beast. You thought it was the perfect option. So you settled down into your airship for the long ride.