Chapter Fifty-Seven: Month Seven

For the next few weeks, you simply lounged about in your mother's home, taking in all of your grief. You were sure this was no good for your daughter, but you couldn't help it. Your true love hadn't remained faithful during this intimate part of your life, your son had forsaken the rest of his family and your grandfather died. Things couldn't really get much worse.

But that wasn't true either.

Today was the funeral, and everyone was invited. Including the Zoldycks.

"Perhaps he'll have the decency to simply show up, pay his respects and leave." Bisky postulated.

"You let me know if I need to talk to him." Your father, Beyond, placed a strong hand on your shoulder.

Where were my supportive parents when Killua was taken from me? You thought bitterly.

As you prepared yourself for what might be the most grandiose funeral in all of the known world, you held your belly and spoke with your daughter.

"I'm sure you feel my grief. I apologize for it, but perhaps it would be best if you became friends with it and accepted it. As a child of the Zoldyck's you'll have a hard life." Tears began welling in your eyes. "You will be put through torture during your entire childhood and no one will bat an eye. You'll be poisoned, electrocuted, whipped and beaten." Tears were flowing freely now. "So we're going to leave this family. Beyond asked me to join him on his trip to the Dark Continent. And I'm going to say yes. Because even if one of the Five Great Calamities takes us away from each other, I know that it'll be a better life than what I put Killua through. I won't let my compliance take over my life. I'll protect you with my life as we try to forge a new one. Now, let's get this over with. Then perhaps I'll treat you to a pickle and peanut butter sandwich."

As you waddled into the vast funeral hall, all eyes turned towards you. You listened as whispers whipped through the crowd. That's Netero-sama's granddaughter. I hear she's always getting pregnant.

Kind of true... you thought to yourself as you took your rightful place in the front row, waiting for the service to start.

It lasted hours. Everyone had something to say about Netero. Eventually came the time for condolences.

"Brace yourself, here he comes, and he doesn't look... right." Bisky whispered into your ear.

"YN! YN!! Please!" Illumi raced over to you, eyes watering, face wrought with emotion. "I need you. I need you so much. Please, come back. Take me back. Let us raise our baby together. I'll kill him. I'll kill Hisoka and we'll be free. I'm weak, I know, but I thought it was the best choice to keep you safe! He said he'd slaughter you, our baby and Kil!"

"Illumi, please compose yourself." Silva scolded. "My condolences for your family. Truly."

"NO I WILL NOT COMPOSE MYSELF,"  Illumi screamed. "BECAUSE OF YOU, THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE TO RAISE MY OWN FAMILY. I NEED HER! I NEED YOU YN!"

"Illumi, you have one last chance before we will forcefully remove you." Zeno threatened. Illumi was embarrassing his family. "My condolences. Truly, he was an unforgettable friend. I will always cherish the memories we shared."

"Please, YN." He fell to his knees in front of you and pawed at your black dress. "Say you'll take me back."

"Go home, Illumi. You're ruining Ojii-san's funeral." Was all you could say.

"No... No, no, noooooo!" His face was hysterical as Silva dragged him away.

The rest of the funeral, you stayed quiet. You weren't particularly opposed to getting back together with Illumi, after all, you weren't really angry with him. Disappointed, sure, and betrayed most definitely. But angry? Not so much. It was very believable that Hisoka had threatened the only thing that Illumi cared about and that Illumi reacted stupidly and immediately. But you what you weren't going to do was go back with his family. You were going to protect this baby no matter what.

Later that night however, as you laid in bed, an idea occurred to you.

What if I take him with us?

You rubbed your stomach and formulated a plan. If it was other people who were ruining your relationship with Illumi, and they were too strong to kill, why not just run away?