Chapter Thirty-One: Pantsed

As you arrived in the waiting room, you noticed that it was silent. There were quite a few participants here, but everyone was either sleeping or entertaining themselves quietly. Illumi (or Gittarakur) was polishing his needles, Hisoka was playing with cards, and you decided to sit and wait for Killua.

Unfortunately it took many, MANY, more hours for Killua to appear. He was one of the last people to make it through. You sighed a sigh of relief when you saw his white little head pop out of the cave.

But now wasn't the time for a reunion. All of the participants were hurried outside and provided with the next task. As everyone went up one by one to grab their "prey" identification, and you prayed that you wouldn't get Killua or his friend. Luckily you received number 118.

This phase was quite boring for you. Because your nen ability made killing extremely easy, it was only a matter of finding the person. And this took you a while. You were no ninja, assassin or hunter just yet, and tracking people was not your specialty.  However, two people you loved did specialize in this. So instead of wasting your valuable energy searching and killing this poor soul, you decided to recruit help. Following the dark aura, you found yourself face to face with the one and only Illumi Zoldyck, who was just about to begin stalking his prey.

"Gittarackur?" You spoke as you soundlessly approached him from the back. Instantly, he whipped around and appeared very close to you. Drawing on his chest with your finger, you looked up towards his malformed eyes.

"Could you be a dear and get tag 118 for me? You know I'm no wonderful assassin like you." Illumi was highly susceptible to praise, so you showered him with it. "You are so silent and you kill so cleanly, I could never do as good of a job as you. And when you aren't in this skillful disguise, you even look ravishing while you kill. I envy you, truly." You were laying it on thick, hoping he wouldn't call you lazy.

Instead, he rolled his eyes and handed you a tag. It was 118.

"Already? Well wasn't someone proactive? Thank you so much Gitta-kun~" And with a kiss on his cheek, you began to turn and walk away. Illumi's hand shot out and grabbed your wrist. He shook his head no and pulled you along with him.

"I should be watching Killu, you know."

He shrugged, bothering you a little bit. However, he did already have your tag for you so you figured the least you could do was follow him. Finally, after what seemed like hours, he stopped you and pointed up into a tree. Sighing, you climbed up, watching him go into stealth mode. Just as he was about the throw his deadly needle, you felt the branch crack beneath you and before you knew it, you were plummeting down straight onto your butt.

"Fuuuuuuu!" You yelled out as you stood up and gripped your butt. "That hurt so bad." Immediately, Illumi was behind you and what he did next shocked you.

He whipped down your pants and exposed your lace panties to the world. Or at least to the wild life around you.

Quickly, you yanked them back up.

"WHAT do you think you're doing?! I'm fine! Don't do that!"

Even in his disguise, you could tell Illumi was blushing. It had been an instinct to do that, and although he didn't regret the sight, he was embarrassed that he had done so without thinking.

I could have been so... sexy about it. "Let me check you for any injuries, YN, my love." Is what I should've said. Instead I just yanked her pants down. I'm so stupid. Plus my prey got away.

"S-Sorry..." He managed to squeak out painfully. And really you weren't that mad, you knew he was just worried. Reaching up, you gave him a light kiss.

"It's okay Illu. Let's just go find that man, so we can enjoy the rest of our time together. Maybe do something a little special." You winked and grabbed Illumi's hand. He was happy. He liked this. It almost allowed him to forget that this would be over once you both returned home.