One-Shot: All Those Years Ago

Who is that stoic looking guy? You wondered as you awkwardly stood by your master's side. A young man had just entered the villa and you were struck by just how handsome-- and empty-- he seemed.

"I would like Vilgo-san killed." Your master spoke to the tall, muscular man who seemed to be the young man's master. But the empty dark eyes of the young man didn't stop penetrating your own. It was soul-crushing, if you were honest with yourself.

He must be using nen to intimidate me. You thought to yourself. But it won't work! I can use it back. At the very least to defend myself.

And so you pushed back. Briefly, you saw a look of surprise cross his dark face; as if he expected no resistance to you. This made you smile. A good bodyguard you were, to protect your master from the nen of this stranger. Especially one as sickening as this assassin-in-training.

But the surprise didn't last long. The nen returned with vigor. Clearly, he wouldn't be giving up without a fight; good practice for you. This was because you weren't supposed to get in the way of your master, and second, could use all the practice with nen that you could get. Any type of nen flaring would help you to strengthen yourself. And this guy seemed pretty strong, so why not?

Before anything could escalate however, you noticed the blonde man give the young man in front of you a stern look. Instantly, the nen ceased, telling you that the stand off was over. And that was your signal to stop as well. It was better that way though; you didn't have a lot of nen to spare.

It wasn't much longer before a deal was struck and the two were on their way. You weren't going to lie, however, you missed the man just a bit.

"He was close to your age, you know. That assassin-in-training." Your master spoke to you suddenly. It was out of character, surprising you just a bit. "It's Silva-sama's son. Illumi Zoldyck. He's the heir to the family. He would be a good catch if he was a little more... normal. Good for an assassin to be so emotionless and cold-hearted. Not so good for a partner."

You shrugged. What did you care? You were a teenager. Family? Marriage? Those were far from your mind.

"Ah, what do you care?" He waved his hand, reading your mind practically. "You need to practice your nen. I was practically sick with how all over the place yours was."

"My apologies, master. I shall try harder next time and train harder in the mean time." You bowed in reverence, ashamed at your own sloppiness. But you couldn't get that young man out of your head. Those dead looking eyes. That soft looking hair. That look of surprise. What was it about him that drew you to him?

AN: One more one-shot about how they met for the 100k (almost) readers congratulations! I'm so happy about this! This was my first finished fanfiction so I have a deep love for this story <3