Chapter Twenty-Five: Found You

You sighed, "otherwise known as my grandfather."

"Mama-chan's family? I've got to meet him!"

"Oh trust me, Killu, he's just an annoying old man."

But being president of the Hunter's Association and Hunter Selection Committee did have it's perks. For example, he was making Menchi redo the exam. Everyone boarded the giant blimp and traveled to Mt. Split-in-Half to go diving for spider eagle eggs. While on the ship, you thought to at least greet your grandfather as well as thank Satotz for calling him down.

"Satotz! Satotz!" You called out to him as you made your way across the crowd. "Thank you for calling my grandfather. Menchi can be a bit... much."

"Your grandfather eh? I should try a little harder to pursue you then, if you come with such benefits." Satotz pulled at his face and stuck his tongue out at you, winking. 

"Haha! You're so funny Satotz! I would never had expected you to have such a sense of humor."

"If you got to know me better, you'd probably find out many unexpected things." Shamelessly flirting with you, Satotz was being bold. But there was a smothering aura leaking out over the crowd, making you so uncomfortable that you decided to seek out your grandfather.

Shivering, you greeted the old man. "Hello Jii-san. Miss me?"

"Hohoho, nope! I got plenty of updates from Zeno-san. It's like you never left!"

"You would say that, you rotten old man! I was gone for twelve years and you didn't say a word to me during! And you let the Zoldycks... you let them..." you faltered. You had a hard time admitting what had happened. It was incredibly traumatic, and Netero acknowledged this. Hugging you close, he whispered in your ear.

"I know, dearest grandchild. I know how unfair it was to you, and if I could've done something, I would have."

You pushed him off of you. "You could have and you didn't. And I accept that. I'm stronger now more than ever. And I still have my son. Just not as my son. And now I'm going to achieve my dreams and become a hunter." And with that, you left his side.

It was time for the examine and as you watched Menchi jump down, you smiled at the memory the the last time you both had been here.

"Menchi, watch me jump down!" You called out.

"No, YN! Not yet! Wait for the breeze!"

"Ughhhh, fine! Buhara, aren't  you going to jump?" You asked the fellow ten-year-old.

"The wind might be strong, but it isn't strong enough to lift me back up!" You laughed. It was probably true. He was really heavy.

You three had been pretty good friends up until you left to train. In fact, you were surprised to find them here. This was pretty impressive. But I can be impressive too. So as soon as Menchi had jumped, you ran over, unwrapped your scythe from your thigh, swung it around a rock and jumped down.

"MAMA-CHAN!" You heard Killua cry out. You thought you had heard another person cry out, but it was so faint that you decided to just ignore it. You swung back up and were greeted by your son, who was worried about you as usual.

"You can do it Killu, just listen to the wind." You patted his head and extracted yourself, ready to eat your prized egg.

There weren't a lot of people left in the exam. Especially with this last phase.

It was getting late, and everyone who was going to pass, did. Soon enough, all participants had boarded the ship and you had decided to retire early.

"Are you coming to bed with me Killu?"

"Mama-chan!" Killua was excited to see you.

"You... still sleep with your mom?" Leorio mocked Killua.

"She, she's not my mom!" Killua was embarrassed now, and bright red. "She's just like a mom! And no! I don't! She just wanted to know if I was tired, right Mama-chan? And I'm not!"

He was definitely tired. You knew him well enough to know when Killua got to yelling and saying he wasn't tired, that he was ready to pass out. But you rolled your eyes and smiled.

"Right, Killu. I'll see you in the morning then. Have fun with your friends!"

Gon went about comforting Killua by talking about Mito-san who was also "like a mom" but not his mom. This was comforting to you and so you took your leave. On the way back to your room however, you encountered Satotz again.

"Where are you headed so early, YN-san?" He asked you politely.

"To sleep, this is my room. That running really did wear me out."

"One of many things that could do that to you, I suppose." Making his signature wink and funny face, he flirted.

You blushed heavily, finally recognizing what was happening. "Well, uh, I'm really tired, so, I'm going to. You know, going to go to sleep. So, like, see you later, maybe?"

"Good night YN-san."

And with that, you ran into your room and flipped on the lights.

Sitting on the bed was the man himself: Illumi.

"Found you."

"So you did. Now what?" You were defensive, the Zoldyck was more than likely here to take you and Killua home. But that wasn't the case.

In the blink of an eye, Illumi was in front of you "I'm here to show you how much I missed you."

A/N: See https://www.wattpad.com/story/116877872-the-zoldyck%27s-nanny-illumi-x-reader for the lemon after this chapter! Skip if you want to!