Chapter Sixty: The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye

As you boarded the ship to the Dark Continent, you decided to call Killua. It started off pleasantly, telling him about his new niece (sister). It moved on delightfully to the fact that Leorio was actually on this ship, since he was part of the Zodiacs. After a few jokes were made at his expense, you decided to move onto what you really called for.

"You don't have to tell me where you are, or what you're doing. I'm proud of you no matter what. But I need to tell you something, Killu. We've left the family, we're going to the Dark Continent. Since we've come this far, I decided I need to let you know the truth."

"Truth about what?"

"You're... you're not just my ward."

"Of course not. You always said we were a family, no matter what!"

"But you and I, Killu. We're... we're actually family. I'm your mother and... Illumi is your father."

"...I know."

"What!?"

"Well, I didn't know know. But I always just figured. I still hate Aniki and I'm not going to call him Papa. But I remember growing up, it was always weird between you and him. And Kikyo always made a big deal about me calling you Mama-chan. Like a really big deal. And it... just feels right... But you're only telling me because you don't think you're coming back, right?"

You smiled sadly. Killua had always been bright.

"No, Killu, baby, I don't think I'm coming back. But do me a favor and don't tell your family I told you or where we are, okay, my love? That way, maybe we can come back. When Asaka is older and she won't have to be an assassin. I just wanted to apologize for not doing this for you. You shouldn't have had to go through what you did. We were all so young and I just didn't have the strength. I'm so proud of you that you were able to not only leave, but take your sister as well."

"Of course, Mama-chan. And I know I'll see you again. And we'll get to be a real family; you, me and Asaka. Even with stupid Aniki. Maybe he won't be so evil when you take him away from everyone."

"YN!" Illumi called out. It was almost time to go.

"Well, the time has come to say good bye, Killu. I love you so, so, so much. It really was an honor raising you and I really do hope that you'll get to spend time with your sister one day."

Killua sniffled on the other side of the phone and you heard Alluka comforting him.

"Don't... don't talk like that Mama-chan. Even if it takes a hundred years, I will come get you as soon as you can come back. Promise you'll be there for me."

"I promise Killu. I absolutely promise." And with that, you hung up your phone. There wasn't going to be a need for one in the Dark Continent, but you figured it'd be nice to have it on the ship should you get to return.

With a baby on your back and a newly-minted husband calling out to you, you boarded the ship, ready to start your adventure.

This wasn't really the end. It was the new beginning.

AN: And that's the end, folks! Thank you so much for sticking with the story for SIXTY chapters! It was so much fun to write and read everyone's love for it. But now it's time for me to move onto more stories! As always, let me know if you want a particular story and maybe one day, I'll revisit this one.