Chapter Twenty-Eight: More Personal Questions

The path you were given wasn't very long. Possibly because your answer had been pretty personal. That however, was just a hypothesis. There were no booby traps, villains or other obstacles in your path this time, for which you were thankful for.

When you arrived at the end of your path, you noticed Illumi was already there. That supports my hypothesis. You thought cheerfully. This cheeriness didn't last however.

Illumi had taken the pins out of his face so that he could talk to you easier.

"Please, YN, you have to believe me when I say that I hadn't intended that to happen."

"Intended for me to catch you? Of course not."

Illumi resisted rolling his eyes. You were purposefully being annoying and he knew it.

"Intended to let him kiss me again."

"Oh?~ Are you saying you didn't like it?~" Hisoka emerged from his tunnel.

"No! No! I'm not saying I didn't like it!" Illumi tried to back peddle. After all, it wouldn't do him well to lose the trust of Hisoka quite yet.

"So you're saying that you did like it! Ugh. Typical. I give you one thing and you let him give you something else. Selfish, Illumi. Honestly."

Illumi placed his head in his hands and screamed internally. This was too much for him. Hisoka on the other hand was having a hard time not laughing. He had never really seen emotions on Illumi besides passion and embarrassment.

Frustrated, you approached the next door.

"Question Two, For YN: What is one thing about Ilumi that only you know?"

I can't use anything that we both know... This is harder than I thought.

"Illumi... smiles in his sleep."

BZZT. An x appeared, signalling that someone else must know that.

"Of course I know that as well, YN~ I may even postulate that I've spent more time with Illumi than you.~ Try again carefully, I really do wish to pass.~" Hisoka lightly chided you.

You dug deeper in your memory. "Illumi is Kalluto's least favorite brother." You worded this very carefully. Kalluto really didn't like Alluka either, but you consider her to be his sister.

Ding. A circle appeared this time and you sighed in relief.

"Question Two, For Hisoka: What is one thing about Illumi that only you know?"

Illumi groaned louder. It was clear that this game was not going to go well for him. The examiner clearly had a bone to pick with him and was trying his hardest to embarrass him. And on top of that, he had never realized that Kalluto didn't like him.

"...Less favored than Millu?" He inquired to you as Hisoka mulled over his answer.

"I don't want to talk right now. I just want to pass this phase and get back to Killu." You responded bitterly.

"Illumi happens to be the best lover I have had so far.~"

Ding. A circle appeared.

You cringed, while Illumi blushed. You didn't want to hear that at all. Illumi didn't want you to hear it either, but he was incredibly pleased himself.

"Question Two, For Illumi: What is one thing about YN or Hisoka that only you know."

Ahh, Illumi pondered, so the payoff for being the most embarrassed is that I get a choice. Seems fair.

"YN's scythe has a secret message 'engraved' on it."

Ding. A circle once again appeared.

"What!? You can't just say that and not say what the message is or how to find it! That's so unfair!" You were dying to know now.

"I thought you didn't want talk right now." He shot back at you.

Grumbling, you waited for the doors to open. Hisoka's and Illumi's names popped up on corresponding doors. Yours did as well, but with the note: Countdown Until Unlock 1:00.

Taking a seat, you were fine waiting. At least it would give you time to investigate your scythe.