Chapter Four: No Meat Please

The next day, you awoke to a familiar sense of nausea. Your morning sickness hadn't been too unbearable but by no means was it pleasant. You spent a generous amount of time in the bathroom before you heard a knock on your door.

"Breakfast is beginning soon, please join the family in the dining room YN-sama."

It must have been a butler. I wish they had brought me more clothes. You thought to yourself as you tugged at your only other shirt, which was now too small and showed off a portion of your growing belly. To add insult to injury, you also couldn't button up your jeans. You had been in too much denial to buy maternity clothes. Frowning, you decided it was better than showing up in the same clothes as yesterday.

As you walked into the dining room, you heard an audible gasp and your face burned bright red. As you scurried to an open seat you mumbled something about not having any clothes. Your seat was closest to Illumi and you looked over just in time to see the slightest blush and an awkward crossing of the legs. Feeling self-conscious, you simply stared at the bare space in front of you, waiting for food.

After what felt like an eternity, a plate was put down in front of you. Sausage, eggs, toast with peanut butter and cranberry juice with a pill, prenatal vitamin you assumed, beside it. It all looked pretty good except for the sausage. You didn't eat meat. And the smell of it was beginning to cause your stomach bile to raise up your throat. You quickly motioned for a butler and requested that they move the offending meat immediately. However, instead of acquiescing to your needs, the butler looked to Illumi first.

"She will eat it."

You whipped your head towards him. This was unacceptable.

"I absolutely will not. I do not eat meat and I will not start now and if it isn't removed from my plate promptly, I will lose whatever is left in my stomach!" You locked eyes with Illumi, feeling that sensation of dread once again, but this time instead of complying, you followed through on your promise. You vomited all over the table and Illumi. Embarrassed and fuming, you promptly stood up, apologized to Zeno, Silva and Kikyo for ruining their breakfast and ran back up to your tower.

You plopped onto your bed, activated your nen and felt your bones become elastic. This helped you sink further into the bed and satisfied your need for turning into nothingness. Zeno of course, couldn't let you be. He chuckled after seeing you in such a state. Your nen ability always impressed him. He had seen you become as hard as a rock many times, it was very helpful for defense, but it was rare that you saw you go into elastic mode. He walked over and lifted your spaghetti-like leg. His old friend would be proud to see this girl now.

"I told you to ask when you needed something," Zeno rolled his eyes at you. "Don't let Illumi bully you. You are our honored guest here and your grandfather would certainly be displeased if anything were to happen to you."

You giggled lightly as you wiped your tears away. Zeno was right, your grandfather had always babied you. You hadn't realized that Zeno was the old man that was constantly part of the conversation between your father and grandfather, but it was clear now. After a few minutes of pouting and being examined by the old man, you decided to re-harden your bones and sit up.

"I need new clothes." You finally stated. Zeno stood up and began to exit your room, losing interest.

"I told you to ask Illumi first." he commented as the door closed behind him.

Great. You thought. Time to go face the boy I threw up on.