Chapter Thirty-Nine: Illumi's Change of Attitude

"Playing... House? With MY CHILD'S MOTHER?!" Illumi lost it. How dare he, a long time friend of the Zoldyck family, not only show his interest in his woman, but to insinuate that she would want to 'play house' with him and pretend Kalluto was their child? Sick. This man was sick.

"Don't get too upset Illumi~ Remember that she left you. Clearly, she doesn't hold anymore feelings for you~" Hisoka purred as he pulled Illumi closer in bed.

"Get off of me. She loves me. It's my fault that she left like she did." Illumi sat up and placed his head in his hands, letting his long hair drop around him. This is too much. I don't know what to do. I just want to feel pain, but not even Hisoka breaking my bones makes me feel anything. Nor my father's punishments. I don't feel anything. Kil left and Kalluto left. And now I hear that YN has moved on? That she's replaced both me and Kil? It's probably for the best. Neither of us could ever be hers. Kalluto can't really either, but it's more likely than Kil. Just great. I hate this. I hate myself.

"You're not fun anymore~ How about I make you fun!?" Hisoka laughed wildly. "Kill the bitch and let's get married~ If you do that, your family will be so happy! And I'll be sure to treat my husband with extra care~" With that, he took this opportunity to leave, sensing his partner's anger, vulnerability and poor sense of judgement. Perhaps, this would go his way.

Getting dressed, Illumi sought out his grandfather. If he wasn't doing anything better, he could at least go on a job. Perhaps it would distract him.

"Ojii-san." He called out.

"Yes?" Zeno appeared next to Illumi.

"Do you have a job for me?"

"There's actually been a big request for a job that will take place in less than a month. We'll be meeting up with Kalluto as well."

"...Kalluto? Isn't he..."

"With YN-chan? Yes. Perhaps you can see her."

"Ojii-san..."

"Spit it out."

"Did I do something wrong with her? Do you think she'll accept me?"

"You violated the rules of our family as well as her trust in you. If you promised to take care of Killua to her, then you broke the promise. She's probably waiting for a sincere apology. But you are a Zoldyck. You don't have to apologize to anyone. You could kill her, for all we care. But it would be a waste if you weren't getting paid."

"Her grandfather would care."

"Yes, I suppose you're right. He would be a worthy adversary. Try your best to avoid killing her."

"Hmm. I don't know. I'll think about it."

The idea was planted in his head. Maybe he would just kill you. That would get rid of the problem. Plus, Killua would never have to know. It would be easy enough to tell him that you had passed away. Yes. That will work. I'll consider it after the job. She is watching over Kalluto currently. I might as well wait.

In the meantime, I'll watch over them and spend time with Hisoka. I'll have to apologize, I didn't mean to snap at him. And if I'm going to dispose of YN soon, then I'll be spending more time with him. Best not to burn bridges.

It was a rainy night and Illumi walked out onto the balcony. Well, YN, it was fun while it lasted. And he jumped.