Chapter Fifty: The Condition

"It's almost two months, so I've got to tell them soon, Allu." You whispered.

"Why haven't you told anyone else yet, Mama-chan? They'd want to know!" She cheered back.

You knew that Silva always monitored your time spent with Alluka, so you had to be very careful about what you said out loud. But you couldn't control what Alluka would say. You had of course, express the need for discretion but Alluka was only 11. And 11 year old girls couldn't always keep secrets in.

"What would we want to know, Alluka?" Silva's voice boomed over the intercom.

"What a good person YN-san is!" She cheered. The family knew that the children called you Mama-chan, but it was correct protocol to use your proper name when addressing them.

"Uh-huh." Silva said to himself. You were hiding something, and Silva wanted to know. "YN-chan, why the secrecy?"

"No reason, Silva. Maybe I'd just want to have a party out of it."

"We could throw a party if you wanted."

"Alluka would have to be invited."

"You know our family's rules."

"That doesn't mean I have to agree with them. Alluka already knows, so I think she should be invited."

"He doesn't leave his room. You know this."

You rolled your eyes. You knew you could force Silva to let Alluka out, but you didn't want to use your back-up plan for something so unimportant.

"A party?" Alluka asked. "A party for what? For you to tell everyone?"

"Yes, Allu. I just wanted to see if your father would let you come to the party. I figured you would enjoy it."

"I would! But I like spending time with you too!" Alluka hugged your stomach, as she laid down on it.

"Be careful, Allu."

"Oh! Yeah, I will!"

"What did you forget to be careful of, Alluka?" Silva asked. And before you could even stop her, Alluka responded.

"The baby!"

"The baby?" Silva asked.

"The baby." You sighed.

"This again, YN-chan? Did you learn nothing from your previous exploits?" Silva also sighed.

"Uh, well... no. No, I guess not." You rubbed the back of your head. This wasn't particularly how you wanted to tell the family. You had also wanted to tell Illumi first. "Father, could you please allow me to make the announcement at dinner?" You gave up. The secret was out.

"Very well. We'll have a party too. Our very first grandchild deserves such a reception."

"I have an objection to that statement, Father."

"I know you do, YN-chan. And when Kikyo and I have passed away, you can handle it then."

"Speaking of, Kikyo-san... I can sense that she might not take this well."

"Your senses would be correct. I'll speak to her about it. Perhaps... perhaps simply avoid consuming any gifts from her." Silva loved his wife deeply, but he did admit that she was incredibly jealous of you. And she was killer, after all.

"Alright. Dinner it is." You were resigned to your fate. Kissing Alluka good-bye, you went to find some way to tell Illumi the news, before dinner.

A/N: I can't believe we're here. Chapter fifty! So long! I'm so glad to see so many people enjoying this story. I had thought I'd be done by now (I was serious about almost killing off the reader) but I figured I'd finish out the anime and end where the manga leaves off. How many more chapters is that? I have no idea. But I hope you all will continue supporting me and commenting, voting and reading the chapters!