Chapter Five: And Another One Cracks the Whip

It took you frustratingly long to even find the stupid boy. You had skipped breakfast (of course) and had not had lunch yet, so your energy reserves were low. By the time you stumbled upon what looked like a dungeon and heard a voice coming from within, you only had the strength to sit down and listen. But what you heard was a little more disturbing than you had anticipated.
"I told you how we treat the women in this family," a deep voice scolds as you hear a whip crack, "yet you continue to defy me and disrespect her." Another whip crack. "You are being punished for not only refusing to listen to me" A louder crack and a groan was heard and you visibly cringed. You knew what was happening now. "You are being punished for trying to use your nen on a member of this family, breaking one of our top rules."
After about fifteen minutes more, the cracking stopped and the door opened. Silva exited and looked down at you with a smile.
"Please eat what you would like for lunch, LN-chan, and let me know if he causes you any further discomforts."
You thanked him hastily while trying to peer inside the room.
"Go in and see him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." And with that, Silva disappeared.
You decided to go into the room, after all you did still have to talk to Illumi. As you walked in, you noticed a body suspended with chains, dripping blood. Realizing who that body belonged to, you quickened your pace. Hair over his emotionless face Illumi looked down in silence. Slowly, you reached your hand up to push his hair out of his face and wipe some stray blood off of his forehead. He briefly looked at you and then jerked his head away from your hand.
"You do not need to pity me, I am used to this." With this said, he broke his chains and slowly freed himself. "And I am stronger than you think. I must go attend to my wounds so to stave off infection. Please eat something healthy for lunch." Illumi rolled his shoulders back and cracked his neck, as if checking to see if anything had broken. "And LN-san, I am sorry for this morning." He turned to leave but you swiftly grabbed his hand, surprising him.
"Let me tend to your wounds, I know how." You pleaded. Illumi looked at you, looked down at your exposed belly and back to you.
"You'll have to let me touch our baby"
"Okay!" This was an easy deal for you.
"And you'll have to wait in my room while I shower. I promise I will not be long."
With a quick nod of your head, you both continued to his room, unaware that you were still holding hands. Upon your arrival to his room you noticed not only the prolonged contact, which was broken as Illumi left for the shower, but how orderly his room was. The bed was perfectly made, there were no toys, only weird needles that were perfectly arranged, and the book were all ordered on the shelf perfectly except one. A book on parenting was on his bedside table, filled with book marks. You decided to spend your time peeking through it. Each page was filled with notes such as "must give LN-san more legumes" and "find out what position LN-san sleeps in". You found it almost endearing and chuckled, as you heard the water turn off.
Walking to the bathroom as you finally remembered your purpose for finding him in the beginning, you began speaking to him through the door.
"Also Illumi-sama, I don't know if you noticed but I really do need clothes that fit better. I was wondering if you could take me to get some, or send me to a store or something."
Suddenly the bathroom door opened revealing a sight to behold. There was a nearly nude Illumi with a towel wrapped around his waist. Your heart started beating faster and your breath quickened. You had never seen Illumi naked, you had both remained partially clothed during The Act.
"Really, LN-san, you should either come in the bathroom or wait until I exit before you talk to me. I prefer hearing the questions asked of me clearly, rather than through a solid door. Now what was it that you wanted?" He leaned against the door frame, causing his towel to drop slightly lower, sending you swooning. It was hard for you to form a sentence and you were far more flustered than you had ever been. Stupid hormones, you thought to yourself.
"I-I, uh, I would like maternity clothes. We- or I- or whoever, could... can... would go out to get some?" You managed to stutter out.
"Ah, yes. The clothes you are wearing now are indeed a bit too tantalizing. It makes me want to touch your stomach all the time. I'll order a designer to come style you for the rest of your pregnancy. A butler, probably Tsubone-san, will help you. Now please help me dress my wounds. Let me know if it gets too warm in here, your face is already red."
Little did he know, it was red for another reason.