Chapter Forty-Six: Traveling Home

As Illumi held you in his arms, you had a million questions for him.

"How did you get them to agree?" You asked, excitedly.

"I didn't. I decided it on my own."

"How did you size the ring?"

"I have most of your measurements"

"Have you told anyone?"

"Hisoka."

"How did he take it?"

"Not particularly well. I had to fight him. Took a few days to heal. I'm concerned the issue will flair up again as well."

"When do you want to do it?"

"I would have preferred yesterday, but I know there is an order to things. I was thinking within the year or so."

"Why must I come home?"

"I need your support."

"For what?"

"In telling my parents. I'm sure Ojii-san will support us, but my parents may be against it for some reason or another. Then, the boys. Milluki to Kalluto, they all need to know your new role."

"Alluka is a girl." You stated.

Illumi waved you off, something that had always irritated you, but he was simply adhering to his family's rule about the subject.

"Then, shall we leave, Illu, my love?"

"I believe we shall. Do not fret about packing, I will provide you all new clothing to your desire. Another personal designer session, I fondly remember our last one. We might as well get you a new set of maternity wear as well. My mother had four of her own children, I expect we'll be outpacing her, barring any accident."

You giggled and smacked at Illumi's chest, looking up to see an uncharacteristic grin.

"Are you happy, Illu?" You asked as you both left the hotel.

"I have never been more so, YN. Twelve years I've wanted this. And as you know, I usually get what I want because I am so patient."

"Patient?" You scoffed. "We wouldn't have been here if you had been able to kill me."

"Both a positive and negative event, I admit." He hailed a taxi, heading towards the nearest airship station.

"Both? I would qualify it mostly as negative."

"But we ended up with a much better relationship, wouldn't you agree?"

"Any relationship compared to being dead is better."

"Then you do agree. I'm so glad to hear. Let's not share the details of that night with my family."

Giggling, you laid on Illumi's shoulder and glanced down at your new ring. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to tell everyone. I've never been this happy either. You thought dreamily. You began a mental checklist of what to do next.

Call parents and grandpa. Tell them the news, invite them.

Call Menchi and Buhara. Scream with Menchi for at least five minutes.

Let each of the boys and Alluka know.

The boys... They were not going to take this well. Both Killua and Kalluto despised Illumi, and Alluka was scared of him. But you supposed that in the end, they would either accept it or ignore you. There wasn't much you could do otherwise.

Before you knew it, you were in an airship, riding to Padokea, on your way to Kukuroo Mountain.

You did however, have one final question for Illumi. It was a very important question and you needed to know right now.

"Will we be able to have sex at your parent's house?"

"Definitely."