Chapter Fifteen: Age Two

Kikyo had given birth to yet another child. This time, a boy who she called Kalluto. He was absolutely darling, although extremely quiet. Fortunately, Kikyo took Kalluto off of your hands a bit more often than she had Killua or Alluka. This was because she couldn't have any more children, eliminating her chance to produce either an heir or a daughter.

Killua was having a better time coping with the poisons constantly given to him and Alluka was just beginning his own training. I don't know how long that will last though. You thought to yourself. Alluka had begun having these... episodes. His eyes would go black and he would seemingly be possessed. You kept this a secret from the other Zoldycks besides Killua, who called this other thing "Nanika". But it would only be so long until the secret would slip and the Zoldycks would "handle" it. You were highly anxious about this. You honestly wouldn't put it past them to cull their own child, and you had grown so attached to Alluka that it would've been like losing your own child. Like losing Killua.

"I'm going to see Nii-san today, right Mama-chan?" Killua asked you.

"Yes Killu. I believe you have new training today." He whined in response. He loved his Nii-san, but he was starting to catch on that training would most likely be painful, or not fun at all.

"Come now, today we have the whole afternoon to play together."

"Carry me to Nii-san?" He asked you politely.

"I've already got Allu and Kallu! How do you expect me to carry you?"

"Shoulders like Nii-san! Please!" He whined. You rolled your eyes, but smiled. You had begun more serious nen training shortly before Kalluto's birth, so you felt your strength would be enough to handle all three children.

"Okay, fine! Hop on!" You squatted down next to a chair and allowed the toddler to perch himself on your shoulders.

"Wheee! To Nii-san!" And so you gently ran holding three of the young Zoldycks.

"Hello Kil, Allu and Kallu. Are we ready for training today?" Alluka cheered, not really knowing what was in store for him, Killua seemed a bit apprehensive but still reached out for Illumi, and Kalluto simply smiled because he was a baby and only really understood the positivity.

"Try to be brave today, hmm Killua-sama? Show Alluka-sama how to do good." You tried to persuade Killua, but he still looked uneasy as you left.

"So just us for the morning, huh Kalluto-sama?" He looked up at you soundlessly. "You are so different from Killua-sama. I can barely get him to stop talking. That's okay though. It's good to be different. Maybe we can go for a stroll in the garden. Maybe Kikyo-sama will be there."

Illumi on the other hand was already having difficulties handling more than Killua. Today Alluka was starting his poison tolerance training and Killua was continuing that plus starting some electrical torture training. Both children were running/toddling quickly around the room, more interested in playing than training. Every time Illumi could catch one of the children and sit them down, the other one would pop up and begin the whole cycle again. When Illumi would try to get Alluka to eat the contaminated food, Killua would scream and try to eat the food for Alluka, defeating the purpose. An hour went by with no progress and Illumi was beginning to get very frustrated. He needed help, but he certainly couldn't ask his family. He had specifically told them that he would handle Killua, Alluka and Kalluto's training in order to prepare himself further and practice the basics again for himself. He couldn't admit to them that he couldn't even handle two of the three at the most basic training. He began to feel a tightening in his chest as he pictured the scenario in his head of his own punishment for not being able to handle the toddlers and then felt an extreme sense of nausea when he thought of Killua and Alluka, but mostly Killua, being punished as well. He then made the decision to call the only person he could trust to help. You.

"YN-san, Illumi-sama is requesting you." A butler alerted you.

"Oh! Hmm. Alright, I will attend to him quickly. Thank you." You responded as you began a light run towards Illumi, being careful not to jostle Kalluto too much.

When you arrived, you opened the door to a scene of chaos. Illumi sat in a child-size chair with his head in his hands. Killua and Alluka were both pulling at his hair yelling "Nii-san play! Nii-san play!"

You quickly hid your smile, knowing that Illumi must have been desperate to call you. You put your best adult voice on.

"Killua-sama and Alluka-sama! When did we agree that pulling hair was how to ask someone to play?" Admonished, the two stopped and looked away from you. You walked over to Illumi and crouched down, placing your mouth right next to his ear. "What's wrong Illu?" It was the first time in over a year that you had used his nickname, but you felt that it was appropriate for the distress he seemed to be in. You were correct.

He leaned into your shoulder and inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of you and your hair. "I can't get them to listen or do their training. Please help me YN."

You took a deep breath as well, taking in the extremely rare moment of affection you two were sharing. Then you stood up.

"Killua-sama and Alluka-sama, Illumi-sama is happy to play with you, but you have to do as he asks first. We don't want anyone to get in trouble, right?"

"Right!" Killua cheered. Alluka nodded in agreement.

"Alright, then maybe Illumi will promise to play after lunch if you both listen to him now." Illumi nodded to this as well.

"Good. Then I will see everyone after lunch. And if I have to come in here again before it's time." You looked pointedly at the toddlers and put on an even more serious voice, "I will not be happy." You turned to talk to Illumi once more before leaving. Lowering your voice, you asked, "so if you're having such a difficult time with the two of them, why not have your family help?"

He looked at you, debating whether or not to tell you the secret he held. Eventually he decided it would be best to just let you know. He whispered back, "Believe it or not, I'm going substantially easier on them then my family would. I wouldn't want to hurt Kil like I was hurt."

A look of worry crossed your face, but you quickly caught yourself and resumed a more professional appearance.

"If they misbehave again, do not hesitate to let me know. It is in my job description to handle such things. I will be training with Zeno-sama until lunch." You then left. It was true, you were training with Zeno while Kikyo watched over Kalluto. You had been working on hardening and elasticizing things other than your bones. The rest of your body was the first task, becoming something of an elastic or stone woman so to speak. But today, you were working on projecting this aura onto other objects. Zeno was having you strengthen or elasticizing weapons and eventually going to have you choose a weapon to focus on. You were thinking... scythe.