Chapter Fifty-Four: Month Four

"YN, the designer is here." Illumi sat next to you on the couch, shaking you awake.

"Noooo," You whined. You weren't in the mood for this right now, having spent all morning vomiting and fending off the family who were dying to know the gender. That was a secret between you and Killua and you intended to keep it that way.

"Look at what you're wearing, YN? I can barely keep my hands off of you. You need new clothes."

You looked down at your clothes, a tank top and sweat pants, and wondered what was so appealing about it. Every night ended up being Illumi not being able to keep his hands off of you. How does he stay up all night and then still get up so early in the morning? You thought. It was tough enough to drag yourself out of bed before ten on a normal day, let alone when Illumi kept you up.

"Come on, YN, he's waiting." Illumi lifted you up effortlessly in a bridal style. "Don't you want our son to be well dressed?"

"Hey! It could easily be a daughter. Fifty-fifty chance, remember?"

"There hasn't been a daughter in the Zoldycks for four generations. I'm pretty sure it's a boy."

"Alright," you rolled your eyes, "Whatever you say, master."

"Don't tease me." Illumi kissed your forehead.

Soon enough you were in the designer's room.

"Ahhhh! I'm SO excited to dress you once again! Another baby for the Zoldycks! A grandchild!" The same designer from twelve years prior was here again, to your ears' dismay.

"And what kind of grandmother would I be if I missed out on this?" Kikyo appeared from the shadows. You rolled your eyes and began mumbling.

"The same one from the last pregnancy." Illumi swatted at you as you laughed and avoided him.

"In fact," Kikyo began again, "I think I shall simply bequeath my old pregnancy clothes to you, and have our favorite designer here alter them. Won't that be wonderful?"

You groaned. No it would not be wonderful. You wanted your own clothes. But the look on Kikyo's face said that no was not an option.

"Alright, fine."

Kikyo squealed in delight. She appeared next to you and began dragging you away.

"Girls only!" She chimed as she forcefully guided you to a part of the mansion where you had never been.

"Uh... Kikyo, where are we?"

"Somewhere quiet." The cheer had left her voice, and the fake smile dropped from her face.

"Put that dress on." She pointed to a long, Victorian style dress. Rolling your eyes, you grabbed the dress and went behind the screen.

Kind of weird that she wants to do this. It was already made clear that she wasn't going to be able to take this baby. I wonder what she's up to...

As you stepped out to show off the unflattering dress, a sudden rush of dizziness swept over you.

"Hmm. As ugly as expected. The Zoldyck style really doesn't suit you."

"I... don't... feel good..." You began swaying and eventually collapsed onto the ground, blacking out briefly.

When you awoke, you were tied to a chair with your scythe removed from your person. You felt particularly sick.

"Glad to see you're bothering to be awake for this."

"Kik...Kikyo... What is this?" You asked, confused.

"The Zoldyck style doesn't suit you, the Zoldyck mansion doesn't fit you, the Zoldyck name doesn't suit you and another Zoldyck son won't suit you. So let me fix that for you."

Before you could even register what was happening, there was a delicate dagger speeding towards you.

Shit. I forgot that she's technically on the same level as the men. Kikyo is a skilled assassin. How could I let my guard down? And why do I keep ending up in this situation? Damn it. I should have said no. I should have just stayed with Illumi and tried on the stupid clothes.

"Not a son." You muttered as your last words.

"What?" The dagger stopped just millimeters from your skin.

"You said 'Zoldyck son'. It's not a son. It's a daughter."

Kikyo collapsed on the floor in dismay. What's up with her? You thought. Just a second ago she was totally cool with murdering me and the baby.

"I'm going to have... a granddaughter?" She asked, disoriented.

"Yes, and I'd appreciate if you kept that information to yourself. I wanted it to be a surprise. But clearly, not at the expense of my life."

"C-Certainly." Kikyo was lost in her own thoughts as she pondered the fact that she almost killed her future granddaughter. You however, had other things on your mind.

"Kikyo? Can you untie me now?"