Chapter Seven: Love... Interrupted

As quickly as Illumi laid his lips upon yours, you heard a knock on the door.

"It's lunch time Illumi-sama, your parents are expecting you." It was a butler. Of course it was a butler. You whined a little but Illumi immediately reordered himself as he tightened his towel and backed away from you.

"Very well. Thank you." He replied curtly. He turned back to you, "sorry for my lack of... restraint. I shall try to be more composed in the future." And with that, he left to get dressed, leaving you dumbstruck.

The rest of the day continued on normally and eventually it was the next week and time for you to get new clothes. Some designer from the closest town had been invited up and he was certainly excited to be here.

"I can't believe I'm actually in the Zoldyck mansion! Commissioned by them! Maternity wear even; Kikyo must be expecting again! How exciting!"

Man, I wish he would be quiet. He hasn't even come into my room yet and I can hear him loud and clear. You thought to yourself.

As the butler led him into your room, you saw his face first form into one of shock and then into happiness.

"Oh you are going to be fun, fun, fun to design for! Do you like Kikyo's style, or are you more contemporary? Do you need formal wear? Swim wear? Lingerie even?! It must be a whole new wardrobe for you! Aren't you excited? I'm practically screaming!"

More like literally screaming. You remarked in your head. However as soon as you were going to open your mouth to give your preferences, none other than the baby daddy himself walked in.

"I've decided to join. If I must look at you for the next six months, it can at least be in clothes that I like. I, of course, will leave the ultimate decision up to you, but I felt that my opinion may be taken into account."

"Oh of course Illumi-sama! Now would you say that this lovely lady is more of a dress woman, or a trouser woman?" The designed quipped back.

"Trous--"

"Dress" Illumi spoke over you, earning him a glare.

"Don't be difficult Illumi-san. I prefer trousers but I wouldn't mind some dresses. Could you show me some samples?" You had been through this process recently, after you had hit a growth spurt not even a year ago. You knew what you wanted and had thought that this would be easy. But of course not. Nothing with Illumi was ever easy.

"But of course my dear! They will be too long naturally and possibly too large but that's what I'm here for!"

And he did stay true to his word. And Illumi also listened to you for once and kept him opinions to a helpful minimum. It was going wonderfully. So wonderful in fact that you hadn't seen Kikyo slip in. It wasn't until you spoke that you even noticed she had entered the room. That was an assassin for you.

"Could you perhaps allow me to try on some clothes as well? I have a feeling that I too shall be in the family way soon." Kikyo slyly purred.

"But of course Mistress! I wouldn't dream of denying the chance to dress the one and only lady of the Zoldycks!"

And for a moment, you felt a little insulted. She wasn't the only one. Not anymore. You were here too. And briefly, perhaps just a moment, your eyes filled with tears as you realized that your special dress up time was over. Stolen by Kikyo in an attempt to keep you feeling uncomfortable and unwelcome. It was going exactly as she had hoped and she thought she might even see you cry. Oh the joy that would bring! Seeing you, this strange girl, unfit for her son, finally realize her place! What a great evening it would be!

That was until however, her son decided to deviate from her plan. Before a single tear could fall from your lashes, Illumi had stood up, grabbed the closest items to him and swiftly approached you.

"Put these on," he commanded.

"Please." You retorted, chuckling lightly as you blinked away your tears. This earned you a sigh and an eye roll from Illumi.

"Put these on please." He relented in giving you at least a show of manners. Not bothering to see what he had grabbed, desperate to leave this situation, you took the clothing articles and retreated to the bathroom to change. Only then did you realized what exactly you had in your hands. At first, they seemed like slightly salacious pajamas. But once they were on, you realized exactly what you had on. The dreaded lingerie. There was no way that you could walk out there. Not with Kikyo out there to judge you. But you didn't really have anything better to change into, and you knew Illumi would be angry if you didn't at least show him the clothing.

So you invited him in.

"W-what is this?" Illumi struggled to keep his emotionless mask. It was like she was a succubus, simply trying to make him lose control.

"Do... do you like it?" You asked shyly.

Do I like it? Illumi pondered. Like isn't a strong enough word. What she has on is unbelievable. Who wear this kind of clothing? It's almost like the whores in the brothels that my father frequents. Unbeknownst  to Illumi, you felt a similar way. You had on a long, flowing white gown that was see through, white stockings and garter belt and white lace panties. Everything else was open for all to see, causing you to turn a deep red.

"Well?" You probed as you crossed your arms to not only show your impatience but to hide your nipples.

"I like it very much. But maybe only for me to see." Illumi walked over to you and placed his arms around you in what might have been the most awkward hug even given to you in your life. "Don't let her ruin this for you. I am having... fun? Is that the word?"

You chucked and replied, "yes, that is probably the word." And for just a split second, you thought you saw a smile cross Illumi's emotionless face.

"I'll bring you more clothing then." He let you know as he let you go and started towards the door.

"No more of this stuff!" You called out as he exited. He looked back towards you briefly, mask back on.

"I cannot promise you that."

And all you could do was laugh.

AN: Let's say reader is 16/17 (if you went by exact age in the anime it would be 12 and that's awful)