Why? - 4 (Edited)

Aiden's P.O.V. -

After fifth period science, I went to my locker. I wanted to see Nala again. My locker is fairly close to hers, so I thought that I could stop by and say 'hi.'

I went over to Nala's locker and waited for a few minutes. She never came. Well, maybe she already got her books.

I was going back to my homeroom when I saw her.

Being beaten up by Ashton and his gang of minions. I hated that our hallways are curved, making it hard to see if anything was going on at the end of the hallway.

"Hey!" I said, but they didn't hear me. 

'Thwack!'

I didn't know what that sound was, but I knew it was bad. I peaked around Ashton's shoulder. He hit her upside the head with a baseball bat!

There was blood splattered on the white wall.

I knew that Nala was a werewolf, but why wasn't she healing? Another hit to the head with the baseball bat. There was blood running out her head!

I said, "Hey! Leave her alone!"

Nala had blood running down her head, she had about 40 holes in her skin, several slap and punch marks, and slits in her skin. She looked dead. I surly hoped not.

"What do you want with her?! All she is, is a slimy OMEGA!" Ryan said.

"JUST BECAUSE SHE IS AN OMEGA DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN BEAT HER UP LIKE THAT! NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!" I yelled in Alpha voice.

I was expecting them to bow down. A few did. Some ran away. Ryan was standing, and Ashton was on his knees. The ones that ran away were humans. The ones who bowed and stayed are werewolves. Easy to point out. Hmmm. . . I wonder. . . "Ahh. So not the big, bad Alpha you thought you were, huh?" Ryan teased.

I didn't know Ryan was an Alpha. I thought he was a Beta.

Unless. . .

"Ryan, your not an Alpha. You say you are, but your not. Your knees are buckling, and a true born Alpha's knees wouldn't be buckling," I said, "And how did you get an Alpha if you were born Beta?"

"That is none of your business!" Ryan yelled.

"Yes it is!" I yelled back, and in my Alpha King voice. Shoot! Hopefully only Ryan hears.

"Boys! Shouldn't you be in class?" Mrs. Jenson scolded and looked at me, "You don't want to get a bad reputation on your fir- OH MY GOSH!" Mrs. Jenson looked at Nala. The other kids and Ashton ran off.

"Well, you see miss-" I got cut if by Mrs. Jenson.

"We need to get her to the hospital! You boys go down to the office. Aiden, you carry her, and tell the principal that I need to go, and I already have a sub for me. Now, GO!" she yelled at us and motioned for us to go.

I started to walk down the hallway. Ryan just stood there. "Ryan, aren't you coming?!"

"I can't. I feel so guilty. We used to be so close, but she doesn't remember. We were too little." Ryan said sadly.

"What do you mean?"

"We're in the same pack. Her dad's the Alpha, and my Dad is the Beta. We used to play together, everyday. But then all of a sudden, we couldn't play anymore."

"Okay, but why?. . . Well tell me on the way down."

We started walking down the hall.

"Her dad. Just. . . she had a good life once."

"Once, what are you talking about?"

"Her mother, our Luna died, and Nala's dad blames it on her. She didn't even get to see her get to age 6, or to see her first day of school. Before Luna Nala got pregnant,  Alpha Reynolds was an amazing, kind, wonderful Alpha. But then. . . when she died, he started to turn cold. At first we treated Nala like a queen, but then the pack fell apart, and we blamed it on Nala. She's like my sister." Ryan said sadly, remembering good times.

"Oh. Then why do you beat her up?"

"Because, Ashton is my younger brother, the soon to be Beta. He never liked her, and he had the idea one day to just. . . beat her up. I never wanted to, but Ashton made me."

"Oh. Well, don't let him manipulate you. She used to be your friend."

"Okay. I'll try!" Ryan said with some hope in his voice. I wonder why the sudden change in him.

We turned some corners, down hallways, and a corridor. As we were walking, people would stare in terror, disgust, sadness, and laughing. I wanted to rip their heads off!

Before too long, we were at the office.

"Where can I see Principal Morre?!" I yelled. The receptionist didn't even look up at me.

"Down the hall, second door on the left." The receptionist said.

"Okay thank you!" I yelled.

When we got in the principals office, I see two familiar bodies.

"MOM!? DAD?!" I yelled.

(Author's note) -
Hey guys! Sorry if this story is moving too slow. My other werewolf book, The Last Speck of Flame, is way too fast moving, and less detailed. Comment 'Too slow', or 'Too fast' if the story if going too slow or too fast.

-What are Aiden's parents doing in the Principals office?

-Will the get Nala to the Hospital in time?

-Do you believe what Ryan said?

Words: 923

Bye guys!

-EyesInMYGalaxy

-K