Power - 42

Nala's P.O.V.-

"Are you crazy? He'll sense us. He'll capture you again! I just got you back, and I'm not going to lose you again!" Aiden shouted at me. I could see his eyes go red. He wanted to kill. He wanted to protect. 

"Mommy! Mommy! I missed you!" I heard, and I looked at the door. There, standing in the doorway, now rushing toward me, was my babies. Kevin and Sera. There was Ryan standing in the doorway, watching them. 

"Kevin!!! Sera!!! I missed you too!" I shouted in excitement, glad to see my children again. They put their fingers through my hair, and I winced. My scalp was still sore from all of the grabbing and lifting of my body from my hair. I looked at Aiden. He was glowing with pride.

I looked at Ryan. He had a sad smile on his face. I handed Kevin and Sera over to Aiden, and walked over to Ryan.

"I can see right through that smile. What bother's you?" I asked, wanting to go easy on him. 

"Nothing." 

"Look. Tell me, unless you want me to force you." 

"What? Force me? How?" 

"I can tap into your mind. See what's wrong." 

"Okay. Fine. Your kids are lucky. They have each other. I had Anthony. But now, he's gone. I'll never see him again." He said. I could hear the sadness in his voice. I remember that he and Anthony were really close. I felt bad for Ryan, so i did what I could. I closed my eyes, and focused all my energy on Anthony's grave.

I concentrated on Anthony's grave, and Anthony coming out of his grave, appearing at the nursery, where Ryan was standing. I focused on him going from a ghost, to having a real body. 

I opened my eyes, sweat beading down my face. I'd never had to concentrate my energy like that. I looked at the brothers. Both of their mouths were open in awe, starring at each other. 

"A-Anthony. . . you're alive!" 

"No. I'm not. I'm gone. Nala called me here. She used her power."

"How did you pass?" 

"I tried to see Nala. Before you took her away. Remember that night that I told you to take Nala out of there? Well, the day earlier I tried to escape the upper level. To see Nala. I needed to make sure she was okay. After all. . . I loved her,"Iherd a growl from behind me, and felt someone behind me. I looked behind me to see Aiden, with black eyes, hovering over me possessively. 

"Don't worry, Aiden. You're better for her than me. Besides. I was kept away from her for 2 years. I never had the guts to admit my feelings. I knew she only felt me as a friend. And I was okay with that. I was coming to age of my mate. And, I had found her, but she was in another pack. I couldn't be with her, no matter what. So, I just kept to myself, trying to check up on Nala. But, they kept me away. One night, I tried to sneak out to see her. But, It didn't work.

"I got caught. Reynolds said I'd get put to death in the next few days. So, I knew that Nala wouldn't have some sort of protector. I'd bribe Nala's abusers to hit me. Not her. I didn't know how long she'd live. So, I told you to get her out of there. I knew that she'd met her wonderful mate. She was acting differently. A bit more sad, but a bit happy, at times. " I groaned. I didn't have much energy left to keep him here. 

They all looked at me.

"A-Anthony. . . I don't have much energy left. . . " I said. 

"Aiden. I need you to keep Nala safe. There are dangers out there. Please. Watch her. Finish the mating process before long," He turned toward Ryan. "You. Don't mourn over me. Please. I miss you. But, whenever your feeling up to it, come and visit. Yes, I'm dead, but I had a power you didn't know about. I can communicate with the dead and living, even though I'm dead. You can still see me. And, keep Nala safe. If Aiden isn't near or able to protect her, be her protector. Please." My energy gave out, and he faded. I didn't have enough energy to stand, so I fell. But, Aiden was behind me to catch me.