Change - 17 (Edited)

When I moved, I felt something change. Her skin got warmer. I brushed it off as my fingers conducting heat to her cold skin.

Ryan knelt beside me, stroking my back. Right then and there, I felt something change in me. From now on, I will never let anyone come close to me again. I will never be attached to anyone, ever again.

I got up, and wiped the tears off my face. I folded Nala's goodbye and drawing, put them in my pocket, and carried Nala bridal style.

Instead of going out the window, I picked the lock of the basement door. When I opened it, I came face to face with the man himself. Alpha Reynolds.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Alpha King and Nala slut. To who do I owe the damn pleasure?" Reynolds said evily. I didn't say anything.

"Hmm, too quiet, are we? Looks like the slut is sleeping. She looks better that way!"

"Really? I guess she has you to blame, then. Since she took her own life." I said, anger boiling. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ryan go out the window, and towards the front door.

"Took. . . Life?" He said nervously .

"Well, she has a reason to, having to put up with you!" I said.

"Has a reason too, of course she had a reason to! She's a murderer!"

"Oh, really? A three year old, a murderer? Who did she murder?"

"Her mother, Luna Nala!"

"How? She was just a five year old!!"

"She was always an animal lover. One day, she heard some puppies in an abandoned building. Little did the little brat know, that there was asbestos in the old building! She died of cancer! All because of her stupidity!" He yelled, tears forming in his eyes.

"She was only three! How could she have known? Little brains like theirs are too small to comprehend! They start to comprehend at 9!" I yelled. Behind Reynolds, I saw Ryan, putting a finger to his lips. That little spy, is smart.

"The Werewolf Council will have your head for this!" I yelled.

"So, have you seen the backstaber, Ryan lately?"

"Yeah. He's right behind you. And, he is a backstabber, seriously. " I said, as Ryan pulled a knife and stabbed Reynolds in the back. Reynolds winced in pain and flew back and hit the kitchen table behind him, like someone pushed him with great strength.

I didn't think. I mindlinked my pack and told them to go home. I ran out the basement door, with Nala in my arms. I shifted, and threw Nala and my bag on my back, going home.

Nala's P.O.V.- 

I heard voices. But how? I was dead. I couldn't feel my heart beat anymore.

All I heard were the words, "Stabber, seriously." It sounded like Aiden. But how could I hear him? 
I must be in Heaven or Hell, I thought. But I didn't see anything. All I saw were the back of my eyelids.

I heard someone grunt in pain, and it's like something triggered in me. I had no control over my body, like I was possessed. I focused what I thought was energy, and forced it forward, to where I heard the grunt. I heard a slam, and thought that it was Aiden.

I suddenly felt like I was moving, running. It must have been someone carrying me. I tried to open my eyes.

Nothing.

Again.

Nothing.

I thought I would take a break for a while, and enjoy all the sounds around me, since I haven't been able to do that since. . . My mother died.

I felt fur, like being on a wolves' back. I must be on my carriers back. It felt like I had been on the wolves' back for hours.

I was put down on what feels like something smooth, possibly tile. I heard voices, and crying. It sounded female, and male. Their were a few gasps, and wails. They must have been tears of joy. No one would miss me, I clearly stated in my goodbye.

Aiden's P.O.V.-

I shifted, running as fast as I could when Nala was on my back.

It was a few hours before I was at the pack house. I gently laid Nala down on the sidewalk going to the pond to the house. I walked in the pack house, went to my room, shifted to human, then got a fresher pair of clothes on.

"Mom! Dad! Lizzy! Come to the kitchen!" I yelled, weakly, making my way to the kitchen. All of a sudden, I say my sister come over to me, and my parents walk proudly over to me.

"Oh my god! You smell horrible! Where have you been? I knew you went out, but where?" She asked.

"Yeah, son. You smell like death, and rot. " My father stated.

"Well, I was rescuing Nala. My mate." I said, trying to hide my sadness.

"Eeeekkkk!! She's your MATE!!! Now I KNOW I can go shopping with her we never I want!! She will become me new favorite Sister-in-law!! " My sister said, excited.

"Congrats, son, she will mate a fabulous Luna, I'm sure!" My mother said, father nodding in agreement.

"Well, don't get your hopes up." I said, tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" They all said in sync.

"There is something you should see." I said, tears seeping down my face. I walked them to where I placed Nala down. Suprisingly, she was different. I don't know how, she just was.

"Is she unconscious? Should we take her to Doc?" My sister said. All I did was pull out the note Nala wrote, and handed it to Lizzy.

She read it, tears going down her own face. My parents also read it, horror etched in their faces. Then, I pulled out the drawing she drew. My parents looked at it in amazement, like they recognized the drawing.

"Son, did she draw this? Or did you find it?" My father said, looking worried.

"She drew this, I found it in her cell. Why? Is there something I should know? " I asked, worry sketched on their faces.

"Do you know what this means? It-" my mother got cut off, and Nala shook. I thought something possessed her. All of her features slowly changed.

Her hair changed from Brown to black. Her face features changed, and you could feel her heat. She started to burst into flames.

She smoldered for a minute, and the flames were put out. She opened her eyes. Her once deep hurricane blue turned into grey, stormy skies.
She looked totally different.

When she opened her mouth to speak, all that and out was a single word.

Story.

A/N- 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know I did!

-What story was Nala referring to? 

-Why were Aiden's mom and dad so worried?

-How is Nala alive?

-Why did she burst into flames?

You will know next time!!

Word Count: 1172

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K