I Want to Know - 50

Nala

What were we doing here, in this underground building? There were no windows, and no sunlight; only the artificial light of the LED light bulbs in the light fixtures overhead. 

We never did anything useful; just walking around, playing games, keeping each other entertained. We never did anything of use, like train for a battle or build anything of use. We just. . . mulled around. Why would these people take us if they were just going to have us sit around all day? 

I needed an answer. It was boring here. I missed Aiden. And the heartache of his rejection was just getting stronger. I longed for him. I needed an explanation why he would suddenly just. . . reject me like that. 

I was sitting in my quarters, like usual. I had no urge to get up. I had no want or need to get up and play games, like my children or anyone else. I was sitting on my bed, fully made. I hadn't eaten in a few days, and I was starting to get dizzy. 

I sat in my cell for a few hours, until a staff personnel went walking past.

"Hey!!! I need help!!!" I yelled, acting like I was hurt. I wasn't, but any other time I ask for someone to answer me or talk to me, they all ignore me, like I don't exist. 

I heard trotting footsteps, and in a few seconds later, the staff personnel came running back.

"What?! What is it?!" The staff personnel said frantically. I quickly ran up to the staff personnel, and pinned them to the bars of the room. 

"I want answers. Not just half-assed answers, either. I hate sitting in here, doing nothing productive. Not planning anything. Just playing games. " I demanded. 

"Where do you want to talk?" 

"Outside."

"No. Anyplace but outside. It's dangerous outside. Is there anywhere else you can think of?"

"See, that's another thing. Why can't we go outside? Why is it so 'dangerous'? Who would be out in the forest this deep?" I questioned, as I pinned and pushed her harder against the bars. "We're going outside."

"Okay. What time?"

"After lunch." I said. I let go of the staff personnel, and backed away a little, so she could turn around. 

"Well, before we talk, is there anything I could get you to eat? Anything to drink? Your complexion is quite pale. Should I fetch a doctor?" 

"No doctor. I just need some sunlight. But could I get some food? Maybe some soup? And a water?" I asked. 

"Some soup and water coming right up." And after that, the staff personnel left. I turned around, and sat on my bed, bored, and questioning the day. I had so many questions that I needed to be answered. 

A few minutes later, my soup and water came. By the smell of it, it was homemade Broccoli Cheese soup. It smelled scrumptious. 

The food came on a magnificent platter, made of dark walnut wood, polished to perfection. 

I took the platter from the person's hands, and ate. It was so good. I was starving. 

"Your complexion is looking better already. Do we really need to go outside?" Asked the person who got me my food, the staff personnel. 

"Yes. I need sunlight, for once." 

"Okay, then, follow me. I'll take you out the back to the old patio." 

I followed the staff personnel up the stairs, and around to the back of the patio. We went out the strong wooden doors that led us to the outside. 

The smell of the fresh air was refreshing, after being couped up inside for so long.

I turned to the staff person, and asked, "Why are you keeping us here? There has to be a reason."

"Yes, there is a reason. But that reason is classified."

"Classified? How can that information be classified? I am the Queen. I have the right to know about any secrets and classified documents or information you may have."

"But, my Queen, you have no connections to this facility. This facility is in the human district, so you have no power over this facility."

"Maybe, but as a matter of fact, werewolves are facilitated here. So in the best interest of my people, I need to know." I knew that she couldn't go against me. If it was in the best interest of my people, she would have to listen to me.

"Okay. I'll tell you. But you cant tell a soul or else it wont be good. But, the reason why you are being kept inside, is because it's dangerous. It's dangerous for all the people here. All the people who are here are special, as you know. They're all werewolves. And. . . Well, there really is no way go tell you this, but you all are here because you are all in danger."

"What do you mean that we are all in danger?"

"This place you're at is a protected place. We lure people here and keep them here to protect them. At one point or another, in your life, your life was threatened. And for you in particular, you life was threatened more than once. Does that make any sense?"

"Wait. So your just keeping us here? Just for shits and giggles? And you never answered my original question yet. Why can't we go outside?"

"I can't tell you much. But I can tell you some-"

"And why can't you tell me all of it? These are my people you're talking about! I need to rule them, to keep them safe. I need to know everything so I can make a plan to keep everyone safe. So, tell me everything. I mean it."

"Like  keep saying, ma'am, I can't tell you everything. I can only tell you a few things. You never know who's watching, or listening. But, nonetheless, I will tell you the whole truth. I work for a secret organization that specializes in  the hunting out and destroying of werewolf murderers and anyone who threatens the werewolf race, like mermaids, faeries, reapers, and wizards. But, we don't just hunt out those who threaten our race. We also protect those who are being hunted, like you; you are being hunted by your old pack, and other powers who wish to take your power." She finished. I didn't really know what to say. There was a secret organization that I, the Queen, didn't know about? I was supposed to know about everything!

"I. . . I. . . I don't know what do say. How was I not informed this organization existed? I'm the Queen, and I should know about everything. And what did you mean by, 'you never know who's watching, or listening'? And there's other species of supernatural besides vampires, witches, and werewolves? I. . . it's unfathomable."

"Yes. There once was a time that the reigning power knew about our organization. But, your great ancestors and this organization fought. There was a. . . sort of falling out, so to speak. It's hard to explain. Around here, there's people who are spies. Not our spies. We're outside, in the open. Other people could be listening. It's pretty much self-explanatory. And, again, yes. There are other species of supernatural out there. Much like that chimera in the tree!" 

A/N-

Hey. I know it's been a looooooong time since I've written a chapter, and I'm sorry about that. I've been really busy. And I know this chapter sucks, but I've been writing an A.P./Honors English paper for 5 hours, and my brain is kinda shutting down. But I thought that I better finish this chapter while I'm on my computer, writing. 

I hope you sort of like this chapter, and I will try to get another chapter up in the next 2 weeks. I have a lot going on right now, with the school's Drama production, FFA, band, choir, and all of that. 

Well, until next time!!!

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K