In The Future - 34

Aiden's P.O.V.-

I felt really bad for rejecting Nala's question. I didn't want to, but deep down, we both know that she isn't ready. I want to wait for her, until she's ready. 

I saw her run out of the room, and I saw my beta look at her confused, walking into the room. 

"Nala! Wait!" I yelled after her, but my beta held out his arm and stopped me right in my tracks.

"Whoa! What's going on in here?" He asked, confusion written all over his face. I could feel my face contort, ready to cry. I got rejected. Again. 

"Nala wanted to start and finish mating. With her history, I told her no. She isn't ready for anything. She needs to go to counseling." I said. I sniffed, and stopped acting like a baby. I need to be stronger.

"Okay. Well, when I met my mate, she was really pushy, bossy, and really emotional. She was just like Nala. When she acted up like that, all i did was leave her alone. Note to you: when women get emotional and temperamental, they are probably on their period. Just let her sit for a while, cool down, and try to be understanding." I guess he has a point. 

"Thank you for the support. You really are the best beta anyone could have!" I said, and walked out of the room. 

"WAIT! Where are you going, man?" Jim, my beta, asked. 

"To find her!" I yelled back, as I was running out to the front door. As I was running to the front door, the pack members were looking at me weird. I rolled my eyes, and started to run even faster. 

As soon as I was out the door, i got stopped again. A little girl pulled on my pant leg. 

"Mr. Aowfwa, can you help me?" The little girl asked. 

"What can I help you with?" I asked nicely. The little girl had that 2 year old's voice. She looked no older than 3. 

"I can't find mwi sissy. . . " She said, looking sad. When Nala and I have children, I hope they are as precious as this little one in front of me. 

"Yes, I can. How about this? We go to my office, and Beta Jim will take care of everything!" I said nicely. Her face lit up, at the idea of going in an Alpha's office. People have only heard of the magnificence of the pack's office. How the simplicity is welcoming. . . and just going into the pack house is a dream for those who have never been in it. 

I smiled, and picked her up. She weighed about 36 pounds. Not heavy at all.

As I entered the pack house, I could see her eyes go wide. The marble was so shiny. . . like it had just been waxed. Freshly carved. 

When we got to Nala's office, I sat the girl down in the chair. I looked around. I saw a door, and I walked over to it. In the door, I saw a sub-office. The office of the beta. In the chair, I saw Jim sitting in it, looking at a computer screen. I knocked on the door frame, and entered. Jim shut off the computer, and swiveled his chair to face me. 

"Yes? What do you need, Aiden?" Jim said.

"I need you to go in my office and help a little girl find her sister." I said, and walked out of the door, going back to the little girl. 

"Now, Jim will take good care of you and your sister. I have to go, but I will be back shortly. I said, and she jumped up and hugged me. I hugged her back, and I waited a few seconds for her to let go, and I dashed out the door, shifting into my wolf, and soon following Nala's lingering scent. It led out to the back of the pack house. 

I zipped through the trees, and through a river. 

As I was running, I could hear loud sobbing. It was loud. I could feel obliterating heat. Like I was in a fire. I knew that it was something special and rare. No one ordinary could change the atmosphere that easily. 

As I was running, I started to get de javu. I soon came to a path. Now, I know why I get de javu. This was the way my mother used to go to get away from Luna position, when they would come over to Blood Crescent often. To get away from the children. To get away from her possessive mate; my father. I don't blame her. And I don't blame him. Being Alpha male, you have to be possessive over the Alpha female. Mast of the Alpha females in the world's smaller packs get stolen, and rapped. It doesn't end well. At least, that's what used to happen. Soon all the Alpha males started to train the Alpha females, and get more possessive. It dates back to the early 300 B.C.'s. 

When I got to the clearing, I was shocked.

In the tree chair my mother and aunt used to use, I saw Nala. Engulfed in flames. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The tree and everything around her was burning, but no smoke, no ashes. No damage, no blackening. It was just like something non-burnable on fire. But, i was surprised that she was the brightest of all. The flames on her skin were burning bright red, changing colors with blue and purple at times. It was a beautiful sight. And she wasn't hurt at all. It was amazing. As I was looking at her, I noticed that her hair was red and was floating around her. Her mouth was moving, too. I slipped back further into the woods, and went around the outer edge of the clearing, and went over to where Nala was sitting, so I could hear what she was saying. It looked like she was chanting something. 

I had to be very sneaky around the forest. There were traps that my father and Nala's father put up, to protect their dear mates. I got closer and closer to Nala, until I heard her. She was really crying. About how she. . . no. About how she almost killed Sera and Kevin. How it was all an accident. How she lost control. How she hated everyone. I couldn't help but feel sorry. This girl, my mate, had been through so much, and she was crying about how she almost killed her children. I felt bad. All she had been through. . . so much power to look after, to control. The responsibility it takes to control even a little bit of magic, like what I have is terrible. I can't even imagine what it's like to have to control all of her magic. 

While I was watching her, I all of a sudden saw her disappear. 

Nala's P.O.V.- 

While I was sobbing, I felt like I was being pulled up by something. I looked up, and felt the all-too-familiar feeling of pain in my scalp. The person was holding onto my hair. I knew that no one was out in the woods, and no one would hear my scream, so I didn't scream. I just built up my anger in my body, so I could do a surprise attack. I felt the person moving my body down from the tree, and when I saw the face of the person, the world stopped. 

No. . . 

Please, God, don't.

I knew who it was. The fire that I had built up had suddenly diminished. I was shaking in fear.

It was them.

A/N-

Hey guys! I know it's been a while. But, please hear me through.

I know I haven't updated for a while, but please understand me. I got a recent concussion. Where your brain gets shook up against your skull, and gets bruised. It causes many terrible symptoms, like headaches, nausea, balance problems, etc. So, I wasn't writing for a long time. That set me back. I'm going through therapy to get recovered.

I had this 'Young Author's" story that I entered and got drew for. So, I was working on that. That was another set back. And My concussion and 'Young Author's" thing were happening at the same time, and the Young Authors made my concussion worse, setting my back further. And, I had testing right after I got the concussion inflicted, so that's a whole mess.

I hope you enjoyed my chapter, and I should have the next chapter out Friday. I'm on summer break, so I can start my schedule. 

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K