Danger - 51

I was blind. I was seeing nothing. There was a buzz in my bones, a familiar feeling I had felt often. No, I hadn't taken drugs. No, I wasn't high, or drunk. The anxiety in my bones, flying through my veins, propelled me to do what I was going to do next; intricately make my body dance, waving around my legs, shaking my arms, transforming into my beast. 

My elegantly set beast, my wolf. Standing on all fours, my vision returned to normal, but the adrenaline in my veins was still at an ultimate high. My movements were sharp, pristine, meticulous, my body knowing exactly what to do, as if I had done this in a past life. 

I closed my eyes, and listened to everything around me. Sometimes, sound is the best sense. I listened to the wind whistle between the leaves set high on the trees and blades of grass, the wings of birds flapping farther away from the beast peering upon me. I could hear the pounding on the doors from the academy base behind me as I used my power to close the door, in an effort to keep everyone safe. 

Through everything that I heard, one thing caught my ear. It was a whisper, followed with a growl. I heard the fluttering of bat-like wings grow closer. I opened my eyes, and was head to head with a lion head. There was a dragon's head and a goat head that was pointed my way. I could see the flames flutter dangerously out of the mouth of the dragon. The lion barred its teeth, and the goat head tilted it's chin down, baring his horns. The claws on the bat-like wings were at a ready. The head of a snake showed the poison dripping from it's fangs. 

I didn't move. I knew that if I moved, it would attack. Should I use my magic? Instinctively, I knew what to do. I set up at thick shield that was lined with fire resistance. I knew that chimeras weakened their opponent, then used a fire attack that usually took out their opponent. I was weakened, but since I was mentally prepared, I knew what to do in times of trouble. Mason made sure of that. He worked me day after day, scenario after scenario preparing me for a day that I'd have to fight something otherworldly. 

I felt a sweltering heat through the shield, though, fortunately, the flame never penetrated the thick shield. 

In my weakened state, the shield didn't last long. As soon as the fire dissipated, my shield broke through. Now, the chimera was unpredictable. They always used a fire attack first. But then after that. . . I mustered up as much power as I could. I aimed as much telepathic power as I could muster, and entered the chimera's mind. I tried to twist the chimera's brain, but I didn't have enough power. The chimera pulled back, and reared on its back legs. I raised its front leg, and swiped at me. I didn't have enough time to muster up a shield or counter spell. 

I felt a searing pain in my middle. I knew that if I looked down I'd see blood. Even though I was in pain, my concentration never broke. I focused on my options. I couldn't do much of anything as a wolf. But if I did change out of my wolf, I'd be vulnerable for a few seconds. Even as a human, I was vulnerable. A wolf can take much more pain than a human body can. But what options did I have? 

I focused on changing back into a human.

Surprisingly, the chimera didn't attack me. But, I could see something behind it's eyes. A blankness that hid a strange sadness. But as soon as I sensed something off of the chimera, I saw it preparing to attack. 

In an effort to prepare for the attack, I imagined a sword forming in my hand, then concentrated on making the sword solid in my hands. 

Again, the chimera reared on its back legs, and swiped at me. But, I raised my sword, and slashed at the being. The heads made their noises of pain. I felt bad for hurting the chimera, but I was more important than it was. I had a whole race to rule. It didn't. 

I created a ball of water, and scooped up the chimera in it, holding it in the water. 

Unfortunately, from my lack of energy and strength, the chimera broke out of the water, running towards me, knocking me over onto my side, disturbing my wound. I bit back a half a groan, letting the other half out. 

Before I got the chance to get up, I heard the chimera turn around and race back toward me to crush me under its weight. 

I rolled over, just barely missing the deadly sharp claws of the beast. 

I came face to face with a snake. It barred its fangs, and just about sunk them into me until I formulated my sword again, and sliced the head of the snake right off the chimera. 

This let out another loud noise from the chimera. 

It charged at me for a third time. But this time, instead of crushing me since I was still down, it jumped over me, growling at me. As it jumper over me, I weakly lifted the sword, and cut the stomach of the chimera. I could feel that it was growing tired. 

I got up, slowly, expecting the chimera to charge at me, but instead, it flew away, leaving blood and a snakes head behind, the head leaking red blood. 

With the last little bit of power I had left, I unlocked the door of the academy just in time before I collapsed. I didn't go unconscious, though. I just fell. It was a weird feeling. 

I groaned in pain. My middle was bleeding, and just then did I feel my consciousness slipping. 

"Come on now, my liege. Stay awake. We need you." I didn't know who said it, but it sounded female. I nodded shortly, and let my head go limp, too tired to keep it up. I head some screaming and yelling.

"Mommy! Mommy! Where is my mommy?" I heard a little voice say. It was Kevin. He was searching for me. 

"It's okay, Kevin. Your mommy is just fine. Don't worry. Why don't you go with me, and we'll meet her in the infirmary?" 

"Mommy is hurt?" Sera whispered. 

"Show us to our mother, now!" Kevin fought. 

"No, we will see her in the infirmary. Come with the." I didn't hear anything else from them.

I was carried through the twisting walls of the academy, and into the infirmary. I saw a hand sweep across my face, before loosing consciousness. 

A/N-

Hey guys! It's been a few months since I've posted a chapter. I hope you enjoyed this one! I hope it turned out okay, since I wrote it in the early hours of the day. 

Well, I don't have much else to say except that I will try to get another chapter posted soon. It's not like I don't have time. Doing homework and sitting around doing nothing in self distancing. Yay. *sense my sarcasm*

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K