I Won't Forget! - 49

Nala

"Nala, you need to forget about him. He broke your heart. Please. I got over my mate." One of the other girls at the mysterious facility, Sadie, said. 

"But Sadie, how long ago did you come here? A long time ago. And the only reason your here is your pack got taken over and your mate died. I'd rather have my mate die than have that feeling of betrayal." I snapped at her. "Look, I didn't mean to snap at you. It's just. . . you don't know what it's like. He's my savior. If I didn't know Aiden, then I'd be dead by now. You don't know my story. He saved me from my abuser, took me in, saved me countless times, never stopped longing for and loving me. He fathered my children when their not even his own. He's done so much for me, and it's too hard to forget that, or even put it behind me." 

"I understand where your coming from. I can imagine what it feels like." 

We sat in the cells in silence. We were free to go where ever we wanted in the facility, and our cells were never closed. Only at night so we didn't escape. We weren't allowed to go outside unless there was a guard to watch the perimeter. 

The facility, in which we were never told the name, was unique inside. The cells looked nice. Nice beds. Clean. Kind of cool. It's hard to describe. There's no blood stains. But as you go up the stairs, since the cells were underground in the basement, you walk into a large entryway. It was grand. A marble stairway that led up, although, the basement was under the stairs. 

If you face the staircase and go to the door on the left, there would be a large living room. If you go to the door on the right, there would be the kitchen. Going up the stairs, making a left, third room on the right, it's a large game room. My personal favorite. 

The game room had pool, darts, air hockey (my personal favorite), a ginormous TV with a Playstation 3 slim, and a small trampoline. We were working on getting some other things in here. 

Overall, the house was pretty plain. 

But, there was one mysterious thing about the house. It seemed like every staff person was ignoring telling us what one of the rooms were. It was weird. As the girls took me around for a tour when I got here, they told me that the room we had been standing in front of was strictly off limits, and that only specific people could go in there. And if any of us were to go into the mysterious room, we'd be locked in the dungeon for 3 months, only 1 small meal a day, and 1 tiny cup of water a day. 

So, no one ever opened the door to the mysterious room. We kind of forgot about it. 

"Mommy, can we go outside?" Kevin asked. He and Sera were were in a cell over. They were resting, since it was still early in the morning. 

"I don't know, sweetie. What's wrong? You never ask to go outside. Why the sudden urge?" 

"Sera doesn't feel good, or look good. I think that if she got some air, she'd feel better."

"Well. . . we'd have to ask one of the staff. "

"Okay. Just stay with her, and notify Sadie if Sera gets any worse." I got up and went up the stairs, to the main foyer. I went in the game room, to where some of the staff and residents were playing games. 

"Hey Helga, can Kevin, Sera, Sadie and I go outside and get some air?" Helga was the main administrator here. Allison was the co-administrator. And she wasn't 15. She's an Age Witch, who deals with using aging spells. She failed a spell when she was 15, and ended up getting kicked out of her tribe. So, she can no longer use her magic. In reality, she's 45. 

"I guess. But make sure that a guard goes out with you. It's dangerous out there." 

"Thank you Helga!" I went back to the cells, and went to get Sadie, Kevin, and Sera. When I reached the twin's cell, my eyes immediately flew to Sera. She didn't look good at all. Her hair was slightly oily. Her skin was porcelain, with obvious tints of green. Sweat glittered her brow. 

"Oh, my, child! You don't look well at all! Do you feel like some fresh air?" I asked Sera. She nodded her head slightly. 

"Okay." I walked over to her, and sat beside her. I stroked the few random strands of hair out of her face. I stood up, and turned to face her. I put my right arm under her knees, and my left arm under her  shoulder blades, and lifted her up, to make it easier for her. 

I closed my eyes and imagined a cloud in the shape of a pillow. I opened my eyes and said, "Originate." 

Out of nowhere, a wisp of cloud in the form of a fluffy pillow appeared. I gently put my hand under the cloud, and guided it to Sera's head. 

The cloud acted as another hand, but much more comfy, to hold her head up, so blood doesn't rush all to her head. 

I turned around, and walked her out of the cell room, and to the foyer, and to the courtyard. 

As soon as the first burst of fresh air hit, not only I felt better, but Sera seemed to perk up a bit. I guess fresh air did help. 

"Can you try to stand, Sera?" 

"I-I think I c-can." She responded weakly. I slowly descended my right arm, the one that held Sera's legs. When her feet hit the ground, and tried to support her full weight. In her weak state, she almost collapsed. Thankfully, I held her up. 

"It feels nice." Sera said.

"It does feel nice. To feel the suns warm rays on our face, but the cooling breeze of Autumn. It's beautiful out here." We stayed out there for a few more minutes. But after a while, the wind started to pick up, so we decided to go inside. 

"That was highly appreciated. I think we all needed that." I said. Everyone else nodded. We went to the kitchen to get some Iced Tea, since it was warm in the building. "Sera, why don't you get back in bed. I'll bring you some hot tea with honey when I get the Iced Tea in the freezer. Does that sound okay?" 

"Yeah, that sounds fine. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, but much better. Thank you for that, mommy." Sera said, as she quickly made her way down to her cell.

"Hey Sadie, can I see you for a sec?" I asked. 

"Yeah, sure. What do you need?" She responded.

"Don't you think it's weird that Sera recovered that quickly with just a little sun? She was so green before."

"No. I don't see a problem with it. Maybe she really just needed some air. That does happen sometimes." She said. I shrugged. 

I just couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't adding up right.

A/N-

Hey! I know it's been quite a while since I've updated. I know. But I'm planning to updating more often. 

It's just that for so long, I've had writers block, and a lot of things going on. But now I have an idea. 

NOTE: I need your help, my readers. I'm running out of ideas to incorporate. Can you give me some ideas? Or else I'm going to end this book and start another. Please. Give me any ideas you've got.

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K