Meeting - 54

"What do you need, miss?" There was a woman stationed at the director's office door. 

"I'm requesting a meeting with the director of this facility." I said, trying to keep my annoyance from slipping through my voice. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that, honey." She used her hand to shoo us away, looking down at the stack of papers on her dark walnut desk. 

"Please, I need to talk to him. As your higher up, I'm requesting a meeting with your boss." I pulled my Alpha Queen card. I hated pulling it; it made me feel arrogant, flaunting around my authority. 

"And how higher up are you, ma'am?" There was amusement in her tone. 

"Very. Now, please, I won't ask again, I need to see your director." She slammed down the pen she had in her hand. In a small motion, she flicked her head to either side, put her elbows on the desk, and put her chin in her palms, looking at me with a look of pure bitchiness. 

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are, talking to the daughter of the famous Maringati family?" If she wasn't pulling this from up her ass, then I didn't know what the truth was. "I could sue you in-" 

"The only one who will be suing anyone, is me suing you. I'm-"

"Let her in, Lisa. If this woman requests to see me, let her in. And please, do respect your higher ups. Our Queen could have you hung for this," A strange man, whom I was guessing was the director, said, poking his head out of his office door, right behind this so-called "Lisa" person. "Come with me, your Highness." 

I looked at Lisa, pure shock and disgust written on her face. Feeling like a child, I stuck my tongue out at her, making a face. As I walked in to the directors office, the strange man who had saved me trouble closed the door behind us. 

The room I was shown was elaborate, yet stereotypical, with dark blue-painted walls, the same hue as storm clouds. A dark, wooden desk sat perpendicular to the wall, with a bankers lamp on it, a small stack of what appeared to be paperwork, stationary, and pens and pencils. In the back of the room sat a comfy-looking, lounge-like area, with a bean bag chair, a plushy rug, and a few other comfy-looking chairs. There were a few bookshelves in the back, behind the lounge. To the left of the door I had entered, were 2 mishap filing cabinets, with  papers and newspapers hanging out of it and falling off the top. 

"Please, take a seat." The mystery man waved his hand to a padded chair on the other side of the desk. He took his place in the office chair across from me. "What brings you to my office today, Your Highness?" 

"How about we start with an introduction?" I didn't know if I could trust this so-called director. He seemed kind of sketchy, with his big eyebrows and greasy black hair. 

"Ah, my bad. Pardon me, your Majesty. I completely forgot - taken by the moment, you know?" The more this Director opened his mouth, the more uncomfortable I felt. 

"Oh, Sebastian, quit it. You will never be the director, and you know that." Down a hallway that hadn't caught my attention, another, more trustworthy-looking man emerged. He had clean, brown hair, with gorgeous blue eyes. 

The man who was in the chair opposite of me jumped up. "Director Keith. My apologies, sir." director Keith, the new man, rolled his eyes and swatted his hand, and the Sebastian guy rushed away, to the direction Keith came from. 

Keith took the chair in front of me. "I'm sorry about him. It's his dream to be the director, and he tries way too hard to get my attention. If you couldn't tell, I'm Director Keith, but everyone here called me Keith. I'm not big on formalities. What brings you to my office today, Your Highness? How are you liking our facility, here?" At least Keith was more polite and put together.

"Call me Nala. I won't beat around the bush. Yes, I like it here, but I have a request."

"State your request."

"I want you to let me go." 

"With all due respect, Nala, I thought you liked it here. Why would you want to leave?"

"I do like it here. But I believe that, with my being here in this facility, I am putting everyone in danger. A little while ago, as I was outside-"

"Why were you outside? No one is permitted outside."

"That doesn't matter, but-"

"It does matter. Do you know how dangerous it is to go outside? You could have been hurt, or worse."

"Would you listen to me for a damn minute?" That seemed to shut him up. "When I was outside, I was attacked by a chimera. And that showed me just how much danger I'm putting everyone in by being around. The Chimera was after me. Or else the other person I was with would have been hurt. I need to get out of here so I can defeat whatever is targeting me. Please, let me go."

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I put you in here for a reason. I can't just let you go on some stupid evidence that you think you're putting everyone else in danger."

"I beg you. Just let me go. Let me and my children go. You don't know me, you don't know what I'm capable of. Please."

"I'm sorry. I can't allow you to go." Tears came to my eyes. 

"Please. I'll give you anything. Just let my children and I go. This is to keep my people safe. This is to ensure no one else dies." 

I must have hit a nerve, since he rested his head on his fist, tapping his chin with his forefinger. 

"Why don't I make you a deal. Be our advocate."

"What?"

"Be our-"

"I heard what you said. Why would you want me to be your advocate?"

"Why wouldn't we want you as an advocate? You're the Alpha Queen. You're strong and powerful. And you care about the people. So, would you be our advocate?"

"What's in it for me?"

"Exactly what you want. As our advocate, you'd travel around to different packs and pack parties, different meetings of all kinds, the like. You'd get intel on who needs protection next. You'd get information on who gets taken out. What do you say?" 

"I don't know." It seemed too good to be true. "Why now? Why no when I came?"

"Because. We needed to keep an eye on you, to see if you'd be like a bull in a china shop. Now that we know you aren't wild, and distructful, I thought now would be good time to ask you."

"If I were in it, could I back out of it at any time?" 

"Yes."

"What are the terms and conditions?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Don't be stupid."

"Okay, okay. You wouldn't have much time to see your children. You'd be away a lot."

"I can take them with me. They are technically royalty, so being at events and meetings is good for them. Their very well behaved, so they won't be bothersome."

"Whatever you say. I think that's the only downside. So, what do you say, do you accept?"

"I guess. But if I feel like I'm not fit, being taken advantage of, or not comfortable, I'm out and I'm leaving. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"When's my first assignment?"

"A month from now."

-Author's Note- 

Hey guys!!! I know that I didn't upload when I said I was. . . hehe. I find getting motivation to write is quite hard. Plus, being in school takes most of my time away from me. 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I'll try to get another chapter out soon. 

As I've mentioned before, this story is coming to a close, probably within the next few chapters. there will be a sequel out, though. 

I hope you enjoyed!!!

-EyesInMyGalaxy

-K