I'm Done - 47

A/N- The song up top is critical for this chapter. I'd recommend you listen to it before you read the chapter. I'm not forcing you, but I'd help. 

The song is Yellow by Coldplay. 

Nala's P.O.V.-

I ran over to where I heard the scream. It was coming from the garden, out back. I tripped over a few rose bushes, and tore my clothing. 

"MOMMY! DADDY!!! HELP US!!! ANYONE!!" I heard Kevin say. I ran faster. 

Once I got to where I heard the screams, I saw a hooded figure, but I couldn't make out their face. 

"KEVIN! SERA! I'M COMING!" I yelled behind them. The hooded figure heard me, and turned toward the woods, running. I went after him, but he sped up. And soon after, so did I. 

---

We kept running through the thick forest, but the hooded figure's stamina never gave. As usual, my stamina never staggered. It was steady. I was going as fast as I could.

Along the way, he knocked out the twins. 

If you were wondering why I'm not using my power, think about it. I could hit my own flesh and blood. And I can't do that. I don't have that enough overall control to turn a deadly attack into an injuring one, much less one that'll only cause a scratch.

I looked around, and saw that the forest was getting increasingly less dense. We were going somewhere. 

Now, I know this was a trap. But, why? What did I have against anyone but Stone? Nothing. 

I saw metal up ahead. It was a metal building, with a fence around it. It wasn't just some ordinary metal, it was a Silver-steel combo. No, steel isn't deadly to a werewolf, but there's something with the chemical compounds, and when they mix, the steel makes the Silver even more potent. 

(A/N- I'm a brainiac, so I know a lot about science. QUICK SCIENCE LESSON)

Kind of how fluoride makes the Chloride last longer in Chlorofluorocarbons. The Chlorofluorocarbons used to be in aerosol spray cans in the mid 1900's. The Chlorofluorocarbons eliminated some of the Ozone layer (O3/ 3 Oxygen atoms in a molecule) and the Fluoride made the Chlorine last longer, which is bad for the Oxygen. That's why there's been more of an outbreak in Skin Cancer, since there's less Ozone, the Ultraviolet rays get to our skin, which is terrible for us. That's why we have sunscreen. That's also why we've had an outbreak in Cataracts, and troubles with our eyes. The ultraviolet rays are bad for us, as the Ozone stops most of the rays from getting to us. Without the Ozone, there's been more rays. 

And, yes. There is a hole in the Ozone layer. But that's only over Antarctica. It gets no sunlight, so it gets no Ozone. Simple, I think. People say I'm a brainiac, who knows too much. Whatever. I excel at science. 

(Science Lesson Over)

"Hey! Stop right there!" I hollered at the runner. He kept running. I ran after him. I was right up the side of the bars of the prison-looking building. I saw a gait open, and I almost passed it all the way, until I felt someone push me from my side, pushing me into the prison building. I fell, going a front breakfall to falter my fall. I heard the slamming of a gait, like a prison guard throwing someone in the slammer, and slamming the gait closed. 

I had no idea what was going on. Or what had just happened. I was so confused. I just wanted my children and to go home. 

I got up off of my hands an knees, standing. We were still in a deep, thick forest, but it had thinned out a little. Not by much.