Chapter 7

"Shh Angel, it will be ok." Jerica coos as she holds me, Ariel stands awkwardly in the doorway looking at me sadly. Oh God he must think Xander left because of him.

I open up my arms towards him and he runs into them. "I'm sorry." He cries into my chest.

"This isn't your fault baby." I whisper reassuringly. "Xander just needs some time to think."

"So you're not sending me away?" He asks with his eyes wide.

"Of course not Ari, I promised remember?" I reply and he nods sadly before burying his head in my chest and sobbing.

Ariel slept with me that night, I don't think either of us wanted to be alone. The next morning he was still sleeping from our emotion late night so I went for a walk while Jerica stayed back in case he woke up. 

Soon I found myself looking at my phone hoping that Xander had at least texted me but nothing. After tapping on my phone it dials the only number that could possibly help me right now. 

"Hello?" His deep voice answers.

"Hi Dad." I greet softly as I sit down at a fountain.

"There's my Angel, haven't heard from you in a while." He says happily and I sigh. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, it's just been hectic with Ariel staying with us." I reply and he hums in understanding, just being on the phone with him I can feel all my resolve fade away as tears pour from my eyes.

"Angelic." His voice warns gently.

"I lied, I'm not ok daddy." I whisper weakly.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the park near my house." I reply as I wipe my tears away, he's quiet for a moment before talking again.

"I'll be there in 5." He says before hanging up, I wrap my arms around myself for comfort as I try to make sense of everything. Before I know it my father is striding hastily towards me holding two Starbucks cups. "Hot Chocolate with caramel." He says giving me a soft smile.

"You always know what I need." I mumble as he wraps his arm around me and kisses my head.

"Now tell me why my little Angel is upset." He says as he leads us back to the fountain, he's always called me his little Angel. I'm pretty short, only 5'2 compared to his 6'1 frame and I've always been more on the petite side as a dancer most of my life.

"She abandoned Ariel with me, they sold everything and left him." I whisper, his face drops and he shakes his head.

"I've prayed for over twenty years that one day she'd change for you, that you could have a healthy relationship with your mother but..."

"You can't fix stupid." I reply using his own phrase. "Or desperate." I add shrugging. "I told her that I knew she had been sleeping with Jaxon while we were together, I thanked her because I wouldn't have Xander if she hadn't and you know what she said? She said she could take him too." 

My father's eyes widen and he bites his lip angrily. "She isn't the woman I married Angel, it's almost like she was jealous of you after you were born. You're my little Angel and she hated that, said it was sick the relationship we had. When I reminded her that I wasn't her father and that I would never touch you inappropriately the way he did her she snapped." He explains before sighing. "That's when everything changed." He adds softly and I lean my head into his chest.

Yes my father and I have a closer relationship then most but when you basically have no mother, you evolve. He's my dad, my best friend and most of all my rock. He supports me unconditionally but is honest with his feelings and opinions. 

"I wish I could help you with him Angel but I leave for East Asia next week until October." He whispers, reminding me of his work trip coming up. "I can help you financially at least." He offers and I shake my head.

"Thank you but I need to do this on my own dad." I reply and he gives me a tight lipped smile.

"You're nothing like your mother aside from looks, you are strong and responsible." He assures me, it was true. My mother and I look pretty similar but I inherited my father's nose and Portuguese complexion where my mother has to tan for her color. "What does Xander say about all of this?" He asks and I sigh.

"He left, told me to call him when I figure everything out." I murmur. "I understand he doesn't want kids but this is my little brother, I'm all he has.

"He of all people should be understanding though." My dad points out and I nod. "So, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to find Ariel's father."