Chapter 22

Harry-

Angel brushes by me as I hold open the car door for her, she climbs in without a word and shuts her door on me. Well alrighty then.

I sigh as I hop into the car, the engine roars to life and I pull away from the studio as we begin our 45 minute trip back to Angel's apartment. After ten minutes or so of silence I was pretty fed up, I hate tension filled silence.

"So...."

"Just shut up, I'm mad at you." Angel snaps and I glance over at her.

"Excuse me? You're mad? At me? What the fucking hell?" I retort and she rolls her eyes, "If anything I should be mad at you."

"Me?"

"Yes you, you're a fucking tease." I growl as I reach down and adjust myself, the thought of what happened in the dressing room has me half hard again.

"I wasn't the one pinning you against a wall was I?" She chides.

"Oh I would of done a hell of a lot more then that." I say in a low rasp, Angel squeezes her thighs together and I smirk knowing that I have some find of an effect on her. "And you would of loved it." I add for dramatic effect and Angel huffs.

"Harry just don't, this is weird."

"What's weird hm?" I ask curiously and she rolls her eyes.

"You were married to my mother! You had sex with her for fucks sake." Angel points out and I sigh in frustration.

"I hadn't had sex with her since before Ariel was born Angel, once I suspected she was fucking Jaxon I wanted nothing to do with her." I spit with a sour taste in my mouth, Nissa and Jaxon made me sick and not in a cool way.

"But still-"

"You weren't telling me to stop nor were you pushing me away." I remind her before pulling over.

"What are you doing Harry?" She asks in confusion.

"Talking to you." I reply as I take off my seatbelt and turn towards her. "You have no how I felt during that photoshoot." I confess softly, Angel looks at me with her brown eyes full of confusion. "It broke my heart to see you that way, you are so fucking gorgeous Angel." I whisper as I brush her bangs to the side. "At the same time I'd be lying if I said that it didn't turn me on, you felt what it did to me." I add as my fingertips run down her face and across her plump bottom lip. "I don't know what it is about you but ever since you showed up in my life a few days ago I just can't get you off my mind."

"Sounds like you just need to get laid Harry." She says shrugging, I shake my head and then bite my lip.

"It's more then that, I know you can feel it too." I add as my green eyes gaze into her large brown ones. Her makeup makes her eyes look lighter, more golden. Angel's silence tells me that I'm right.

"I'm just so confused Harry, ever since we met again I just can't think straight." She whispers, I tilt her face up and lean over. Angel turns her face just as I go to kiss her so I press a soft kiss to her cheek. I release a sigh before pulling back onto the freeway and continuing our route to her place.

Just as I was going to say something, her phone begins to ring. She stares at her phone for a few minutes before answering it.

"Hello?" She answers nervously, "Oh Xander, I didn't recognize this number. Yea I know, I'm sorry too." Angel says softly and I frown knowing that she's one step closer to reconciling with him. 

It's not that I just don't want her to sleep with him, I don't want her with him period. He doesn't deserve Angel and she doesn't deserve the way he treats her. If she were mine she'd be treated like a princess, my job pays well and is stable. If she didn't want to work, she wouldn't have to. She could just do what she wanted.... Or stay home pregnant for the next ten years because all I want to do is lose myself inside her over and over again.

"You called him? Are you seriously Xander? This is huge, I'm so proud of you." She gushes as the pit in my stomach increases. "Yes, of course I'll go with you. I'll see you Sunday." Angel replies softly before side glancing me. "I love you too."

Hearing those words come from her lips to that piece of shit's ears makes my grip on the wheel tighten until my knuckles turn white.Calm down Harry, she has every right to say that to her boyfriend. 

"So you forgive him? Just like that?" I growl and she sighs. 

"It's more complicated then that Harry, he needs me right now." She mumbles, I roll my eyes at her selflessness.

"You needed him and he left you, then he came back to accuse you of screwing me and you're just going to act like nothing happened?"

"No, I'm not. I will address those things later because they're important but he's meeting his father Sunday, I'm the only one he has." She replies. "This doesn't mean I've forgotten about what he's said or the promise that I made you Harry." She adds as she touches my arm softly.

"Whatever." I mumble and she snickers.

"Ok you know what? It's none of your fucking business is it Harry. You're not my father, you're not my boyfriend. You're nothing but my brother's father." She snaps and I clench my jaw.

Ouch that hurt.

The rest of the drive was quiet, when I pulled up to her house and went to get out she stopped me. "You should go home Harry, Ariel already saw you today." She says and I look down knowing I pushed her too far and now I was paying for it.

"Angel, I'm sorry-"

"I'm sorry I have a boyfriend." She chides before grabbing her bag and climbing out of the car. 

"For now love, for now." I mumble under my breath before pulling my phone out. "Hey Roger, did you get that confirmation on the Evans story? No? Well I need it, by Sunday preferably." I bark at the private investigator I work with before hanging up. My fingers find their way to a name they always went to on days like this. 

"Hey Harry." Her voice purrs through the phone and I bite my lip.

"Elise, you busy?"

"Never too busy for you baby." She coos and I smile as I pull away from Angel's apartment.

"I'll be there in 15, be ready for me." I instruct before hanging up and speeding towards the main street. 

After 15 minutes I pull up to the familiar large modern house Elise's extremely old now dead husband had left her. Once up to the door I smirk to see it propped open with a trail of clothing left from the door to the bedroom. The hot pink lace bra and panty set at the door to the bedroom has my arousal almost at it's peak as I look towards the bed and find Elise spread out waiting for me.

Elise was a few years older then me, we had met on one of my worst nights. She helped me sober up as well as gave me a friendly fuck when I needed it.

And I really fucking need it after today.

She smirks at me as I strip down and toss my clothing onto the chair I usually do, Elise makes a come here motion with her fingers as her other hand moves down her body teasing me as she touches herself. 

Within seconds I'm fitted between her legs as our lips collide, she moans into the kiss as I tease her slick folds with my swollen tip.

The the fucking phone rings.

She furrows her brows as I shake my head and try to ignore the constant ringing, after trying to lose myself in her lips as the phone rang three more times she pulls away. "You may want to get that Harry, it seems important." She whispers and I sigh as I pull my body from hers.

"Hello?" I bark into the phone without looking at the screen.

"Harry I'm sorry, I don't have anyone else to call." Angel sobs on the other line, I grab my clothing and start to pull them on quickly.

"I'll be right there."