Chapter 37

Angel-

"Do you have to go with that doucheface?"

"What's a doucheface?" Ariel's voice pops up from behind me, I shoot Harry a warning glare before turning to Ariel.

"It's a word your daddy should not say around you Ari," I whisper before kissing his head. "He's waiting outside the gate, I need to go. Can you take care of Ariel's hair please Harry? We have that meeting with a school tomorrow," I remind him and he nods.

"Call me if you need anything alright?" He offers, I lean over and kiss his head softly before heating out.

It's now early August and exceptionally warm in Miami so I was wearing a simple but cute short sundress with some platform sandals. The low purr of Xander's fancy sports car that makes him look like he's making up for something sounds from the other side of the gate, I wave to the attendant before walking out and opening his car door.

"Hello beautiful," He greets me with that handsome smile I always loved.

Wait, did I just say loved? As in past tense?

"Hey," I reply simply before sliding into his sleek red car, his hand immediately goes to my thigh and I shove it off. He cocks his brow at me and places it on my thigh again daring me to shove it off, I roll my eyes and look out the window as he pulls away.

I wasn't in the mood to fight, I wanted to get this over with and just go home. Home to Harry.

Xander tried to talk to me, act like the last few weeks never happened... But they did and I'm far from ready to let it go. "So they're having a charity ball-"

"That's nice." I state simply not wanting him to finish his thought.

"I'm wearing blue so you should dress accordingly." He shrugs.

"Why? I won't be going." I retort, "I'm here to support you but that in no fucking way means that I am anywhere near forgiving you for how you've not only treated Ariel and Harry for the last few weeks but myself as well. The the girlfriend you say you love." I snap, Xander shoots me a glare which I return ten fold. His face softens and he sighs.

"I know I was an ass, I'm just dealing with a lot-"

"And that's my fault how?" I cut him off, his knuckles turn white and I hear him blo out a breath.

"You're right Angel, I'm sorry." He says softly and continues to drive in complete silence.

Ten minutes later we pull up a familiar driveway and I furrow my brows, "This is his house?" I ask, Xander nods and pulls up to a large estate as my eyes go wide. "This can't be right." I shake my head.

"Why not?" Xander asks as he looks at me in confusion and I sigh.

"This is Jaxon's father's house."