Chapter 18

Angel-

"What the fuck Angel?" An angry voice wakes me from the most comfortable slumber I'd had in weeks, my head jolts up and I blush realizing I had literally fallen to sleep on Harry who is looking at me in confusion as Ariel remains asleep.

"Be quiet, are you crazy?" I jump up and come face to face with an extremely pissed off Xander. "Can you take Ariel in my room please." I ask Harry softly as I look back on him, his eyes shoot between Xander and I hesitantly before grabbing his son's sleeping form and carrying him into my room.

"I never thought you of all people would cheat on me, I mean I'm a fucking catch for someone like you." He seethes and I narrow my eyes at him. 

"Someone like me? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You try so hard not to be like your mother but you're just like her making money with your body and dancing like a cheap slut." Xander spits and I resist the urge to slap him across the face. 

"At least I know who my parents are." I retort, using his past against him.

"Do you even know who he is Angelic? He's been trying to destroy my career for over a year with his stupid little tabloid rumors." He shouts and I chew my lip nervously as I hear Harry re-enter the room and stand besides me. "What the fuck are you even doing with him? What you can't prove your little theories so you fuck my girlfriend to get information out of her?" Xander says as he inches closer and closer to Harry who is emitting some kind of dark, alluringly sexy but dangerous energy. 

"He's Ariel's father Xander." I inform him and his eyes widen.

"HE'S HIS FATHER?" He shouts in disbelief. "So your fucking your stepfather? Seriously?"

"Ex-Stepfather and no one is fucking anyone." Harry's voice sounds finally sounds as he snaps at Xander.

"So what the fuck were all three of you snuggled on the couch for then? Take the kid and get out so we can get back to our lives." Xander sneers and Harry takes a large step towards him and squares his shoulders as he towers over him. 

"Talk like that about my son again and I will fucking end you, you have no clue the information I've kept out of the press about you for Angel's sake. She thinks you're such a good guy so why don't you prove it, back the fuck up and actually listen and RESPECT what she has to say." Harry growls and Xander backs up like a scared little boy. 

"Actually I have nothing to say to him right now, he can let me know when he figures it all out." I chide before walking into the kitchen.

"Angel, wait baby." Xander's voice calls after me.

"I think you've done enough damage tonight, I mean really? Comparing her to Nissa? Asshole move man, now see yourself out before I do it for you." I hear Harry say as I breakdown crying, Xander is the one person I never thought would use my mother against me.

Guess I was wrong.

"Hey, it's ok Angel." Harry's voice whispers as he wraps his arms around me, I turn towards him and bury my head in his chest as he rubs my back softly. 

"I never thought he would ever talk to me like that, I mean I know what he walked into looked bad but it wasn't. To compare me to my whore of a mother though." I sob against his shirt and his arms tighten around me. 

"I cannot tell you how hard it was not to put my fist through that pretty face of his." Harry mumbles and laughs erupt through my sobs. "You deserve so much more then him Angel." He whispers and I look up at him, his eyes are soft with concern as he gazes down on me. "I'm serious, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He adds as he brushes my bangs to the side, his fingers trail down my cheeks to my jaw.

"I'm sorry I'm such a mess today." I mutter as I try to look down but he doesn't allow me. 

"You're far from a mess." He whispers, our eyes lock on to each other as the tension builds. The air in the room becomes so think and intoxicating that I almost give in, rise to my tiptoes and press my lips against his.

Almost.

"Let's see if we can restart that movie hm?" He suggests and I nod, Harry wraps his arm around my waist and leads me back to the couch before finding the movie and putting it on. He sits on the couch and opens his arms to me. "Come here." 

I obey sheepishly as I curl into his side and rest my head against his chest as he runs his fingers down my arm in a soothing motion. 

"If he's as good of a guy as you say he is than I'm sure he'll come around and apologize love." Harry assures me with an almost regretful tone to his voice. 

"What is the information you have on him?" I ask, the curiosity finally getting the best of me.

"It's not important love, just about his parentage."

"You know who his parent's are?" I ask in disbelief and Harry sighs.

"His dad is a major power player in the Florida government but his mother is unknown, his father is not a good guy. We'll just leave it at that." Harry mutters.

Why do I feel like he's keeping something from me?