Chapter 1 - The Abandoned One

(Wayo's POV)

My name is Wayo Daichapanya. I have a twin brother named Mingkwan Daichapanya but we don't look similar at all. I have white skin, while he has slightly tanned skin. I am shorter than him and my eyes are bigger than his. Moreover, our personalities are the exact opposite of each other. I am timid, he is easy-going. I am an introvert, while he is an extrovert.

Sigh, how did I end up having a stupid twin brother like him? Deities, explain to me haha.

"I told you I won!" I yell at him.

"No, asshole. I won! Can't you see that I threw it farther than you did?! Open your eyes!"

"You cheated, Ming! You used earth magic to throw the stone!"

"I did not, Yo!"

"You... one more time! This time, don't use magic or I'll call you a loser!"

We are in Earth Elemental Territory, which belongs to the Gaia Clan. We are playing together near the river. We are throwing stones to the river and see whose stone reaches the farthest distance. Ming is unfair! He always wins. I believe he uses his earth magic and moves the stone with it so he can win. What a cheater.

I am a non-magi. I have tried going through a special training but it didn't work. I have the biggest affection there is for my family but it doesn't help.

I can't feel the earth element at all, I don't think I can awaken my earth magic. This adds to one more thing I don't have in common with my twin brother, Ming. How I wish I can at least have one thing in common with him so he can be proud to have me as his brother.

We are going to go to a college in the neutral lands. We had our elementary and secondary education in our territory. Ming and I decided to beg our parents to let us go to neutral lands because we want to experience new things. We are bored seeing people with earth magic.

Ming's biggest reason to go to that college is... to join the tournament. There is a magic tournament between colleges and he really wants to test his strength. I should say, Ming is a really powerful earth magic user. He awakened his elemental power when he was five. That time, I almost fell from a high place. We were playing at the mountain, and climbing a tree to get a better look of the lands. My foot slipped when I was trying to stand on the branches, I nearly fell on my head that time. Ming screamed my name and I could hear the ground shake.

When I opened my eyes, I realized that a big hand wrapped my waist and prevented me from hitting the ground. That big hand, was made of soil. Ming manipulated the ground to protect me. That was the time he awakened his elemental powers.

"Are you there? Yo? Oi~ Asshole!!" He smacks my head and snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Ow! It hurts...." I whine and rub the spot he hit earlier.

"Sorry sorry... did it hurt that much?" He gives me a worried look.

"I am kidding~ Hahahaha."

"Yoooo! It's not funny! I was worried that I hit you too hard..."

"Hahaha, I can't help it, Ming. This is the only way I can have my revenge."

"Hey, I didn't use magic to win this game! Why did you even need to take revenge on me?"

"I don't believe you." I stick my tongue out.

It's getting dark. We should go back home soon or our parents are going to worry about us. Our father is the head of Gaia Clan, the most respected man in our territory. We are known as the rock and sand of the clan. Rock? Because Ming is tough and powerful. Sand? Because I am soft and timid. Sigh... it's not my fault that I am this weak, I can't even awaken my elemental powers.

I hope I don't give any bad impact to our clan's reputation when we start going to college. We are going to the dorms in a week. I can't wait to see Ming join that tournament. I will cheer him up, and wish that he win the tournament. The winner will be rewarded by the king of neutral lands, giving them the chance to have their names written in the hall of fame. The clan where they come from will also be rewarded with resources and recognition, getting the respect from other clans for raising a strong magic user.

"Ming, let's go home now. Mom will get mad if we come back late."

"Let's go, brother."

He holds my hand then leads me to our home. Yes, we are this close. He holds my hand when we go somewhere. We sleep together even though we have separate bedrooms. I am scared of the dark, but Ming will be there for me so I can sleep. Even if there are lights in my room, being alone at night is too eerie for me. I don't even know why. That is why I am called as a timid and soft person, the sand of Gaia Clan.

(Ming's POV)

Everyone in the Gaia Clan calls him Yo, even though we know his name is Wayo. It somehow sounds cuter so everyone calls him that. He is... my brother.

No matter what my parents told me, he is my brother. He is my little twin brother. I don't believe what my parents told me. I can't. How can I believe... that he was abandoned by his own parents?

When we graduated from high school, my parents told me about Yo. That time, Yo was staying over at his friend's house, so my parents felt it was safe to tell me about it.

My parents found baby Yo in front of the house. Yes, right in front of our house. There was a note with a name 'Wayo'. My parents told me about that rainy night, when the little baby was crying alone in the blanket in front of the door. It was dark, at the midnight. It was chilly because of the rain, yet his damn parents left Yo alone there. What were they thinking?!

My parents took Yo and adopted him right away. All people in our clan know about Yo, but no one dares tell the fragile little boy about his origin. I can't bring myself to hurt my brother, telling him that he was abandoned by his real parents.

Anyway, we definitely love Yo more than his parents do. We take care of him and none of us ever thinks that he is not our family. He is the most precious member here. He takes care of the others more than he does of himself. He will play his piano to help those with insomnia to sleep peacefully. He is an amazing person. He is just 18 years old but he has a lot of skills already. He can cook, he can sing, he can play the piano, he can take care of people, but...

He can't awaken his elemental powers.

It was futile to let him go through the training because he does not have earth element inside him. He is not a descendant of our clan. But who can tell him? No one. I believe that if we bring him to other elemental clans, they can probably awaken his powers. But, if we do that, it is the same as saying he is not a part of our clan. So, no one ever tells him to take other elemental training.

He has so many wonderful things about him, but he doesn't think he is valuable because he is a non-magi. I have tried telling him a thousand times that elemental powers don't measure anyone's value. But, he seems to still think so. I wish we can find out what his element is, so we can finally find the right methods to awaken his magic.

"Mom, we are home."

"Ming, Yo. Oh my how dirty. Go take a shower, you two."

"Yes, mom~"

"Want to take a shower together at the hot spring?"

"Sure!" Yo replies to me.

What? It's totally normal for brothers to take a shower together here in our territory. There is a public hot spring here and we usually go there when there is no one else. Why? Because all men in our clan always drool when they see Yo's naked body.

I always need to throw elemental rocks to their head to stop them from looking at my brother.