Chapter 33 - Blades and Shields

(Aether's POV)

Another pure heart has been saved from darkness. Seeing that child spreading the power of hope has made me proud of him.

I am watching over Earth through the water of the lake in Valhalla.

The guardian of this area comes to surface to see me, surfing on the water as the fishes follow her from behind. Nereid. "Mother of kindness. I wonder if that child will be able to awaken his real powers."

"Guardian of water. He will. I know that the time is coming near." I take a look at his face through the water. "He will definitely come to Valhalla once again."

"When that time comes, we will train him. Aether."

"Yes, Nereid. All of us."

Nereid seems to miss that child as well. It's not just her. Ifrit, Gaia, and Aeolus are also the same. For now, we will just watch over him.

If Wayo Panitchayasawad ever needs our help, we will surely come to Earth for him.

Meanwhile, on Earth

(Phana's POV)

"I have light element, nong Yo." I am still trying to think about what is going on but I can't find the answer.

"P'Pha, this is..." He stops talking when he receives a new text message on his phone.

Ping

He takes out his phone from his pocket. It seems Ming is the winner of the battle. Yo seems so excited about it and I let him call his brother.

I walk away from the bed, trying to confirm some more things. While Yo is busy congratulating Ming, I inhale a deep breath as I close my eyes.

Raising my arm to my face, I bite it until it bleeds. Damn, I didn't mean to make it bleed this much but oh well. I try hovering my shining hand on the wounded arm.

It's not healing.

My guess was right all along. There is something different about Yo. The ability to heal is Nereid's power while the ability to change people's hearts is Aether's. Yo has the powers of deities in him.

I have studied about light magic and I know the spells. Healing magic and the power to change people are not the power of light element.

Light magic is considered the most powerful element because it is the absolute defense. Nothing can penetrate the protection of light magic.

Now everything becomes weird again. I have read that light magic users have been eliminated. That's weird. Light magic surely can't hurt people, but it can protect the users. There's no way people can kill them easily. I wonder what actually happened 18 years ago.

"P'Pha?! What are you doing to your arm?!" He yells as he sees my bleeding arm.

Yo runs to me right away then heals the wound. Seeing his healing magic never fails to amaze me. The wound is closing by itself when Yo hovers his shining hands on it.

He looks so worried about this. "Hey, I am okay. Don't make that face, nong Yo." I say to him.

His face suddenly becomes an angry one. "What do you think you're doing? Why didn't you heal it? It's bleeding!"

"Because I can't heal it." I heave a sigh then ruffle his hair. "Thanks for healing the wound, nong Yo."

I explain to him about what I have learned about his powers. He can't believe that healing magic is not the power of light magic users. We are both confused but we know that someone will be able to explain to us.