Chapter 28 - Challenge

(Kit's POV)

I am so out of luck today. I was dragged by Ai'Beam to faculty of engineering for some reason. When we were about to go back to our faculty, another trouble came to me. A big whiny baby with a kitten above his head saw us then to talk with me.

We were talking with Ming, not really talking because I kept trying to tell him to go away, then Forth came. Beam tried to shoo him off while I tried to do the same thing to Ming.

Forth and Ming looked like we did something terrible to them afterwards. What's wrong with those two? Well, Beam managed to get away from Forth by telling him that he would text him later. So, I did the same thing. I said to Ming that I'd text him but he wouldn't let me go. He said that I could go if I gave him my number so I did that. I gave it to him.

Now, I regret giving my number to Ming.

It's been around three hours after Beam and I went to engineering faculty. Right now, there are more than 100 messages from that little kid. Beam has told us that he has awakened his element, but Pha and I have gotten used to using phones to contact him. That's why I have one. It's convenient because it can reach even farther than telepathy, so I am still using my phone.

I shake my head as I scroll over the messages from Ming. 156 messages, to be precise. He keeps informing me every little thing he does. 30 latest messages from him are full of the word 'please'. He keeps asking me to let him take me to dinner. It's annoying so I give up.

Me: "Stop messaging me! Just come to my dorm this evening and we will go. Or else, don't even think of inviting me to dinner."

Mingkwan: "Really, P'?! You'll let me take you to dinner?!"

Me: "I said stop messaging me!"

Mingkwan: "There's no taking it back, P'Kit! You mean it, okay?!"

I ignore his messages. He continues talking about whatever he is going to do today. He is definitely not going to stop messaging me. After around an hour ignoring my phone, I take a look at his messages. The latest one is...

Mingkwan: "I am going to Yo's room after this, P'! I am going to brag to him that you accepted my invitation! I am so happy! Thank you!"

I shake my head and smile unconsciously. Why is he that happy just because I accepted his dinner invitation? It's not like this is the first time we're going to have dinner together anyway.

Sigh... this kid.

Me: "You're welcome."

Meanwhile

(Phana's POV)

He looks like he is ready to cry, then runs away from where he stands. I keep trying to send my mana to him for a telepathy so I can ask him, but he rejects it. What's wrong?

I can't run to him right now because Pring is here. I am currently pretending that I haven't recovered, she'll find out that I'm already healed if I go after him. Moreover, if I go to Yo right away, she'll be suspicious of him. She is covering us in a dark energy and as far as we know, no one should be able to see nor hear us through the energy. On top of that, if I break the dark energy, she'll be suspicious of me. I have to be careful here.

Pring is the daughter of our clan master, she will definitely report to him if she finds out who Yo is. I can't let that happen. I will teleport to nong Yo's dorm after Pring goes to her room.

I push her away from me slowly as I say, "I am really okay."

She might look like she's guilty, but actually she is not. Pring takes after her father, she will punish people just like her father does. I believe she is acting like this because she is still interested in me. I keep rejecting her politely but she just won't stop. If she didn't have interest in me, she would have given me another punishment for revealing the existence of Erebus Clan. She would have done that despite the fact the clan master had tortured me enough.