Chapter 40 - Don't Stop

Warning: Mature content included.

This is the second update today.
Read Chapter 39 first, if you haven't.

Proceed with caution.

------------------------------

(Wayo's POV)

After I finally reach the source of the light, I regain my consciousness and find myself stand in front of someone. He is hugging me. His scent is so familiar and I can't contain my tears to know that he is okay and alive.

"I am here, nong Yo."

Hearing his voice, I look up to him right away. As tears fall down my cheeks, I touch his face to make sure that he is real. He is safe... 

"P'Pha... I won... I did it..." I let the tears fall down as I close my eyes. 

He wipes the tears on my cheeks then speaks to me in a soft voice. "I know."

"I did my best, P'Pha..." I don't even know why I am crying.

He repeats the same words with the same tender voice. "I know."

I bury my face into P'Pha's chest, hugging him by wrapping my arms around his waist. He pulls me closer to him by wrapping his arms around my back. Without releasing me from his embrace, he summons Odin.

We get out of that dark place with the help of the ruler of Valhalla. As soon as we get back to Earth, Odin disappears because P'Pha has run out of mana. I am also out of mana right now so we don't have the strength to use any more spell at the moment.

I don't know where this is but I can tell that this is Earth. Somehow I feel like I miss Earth a lot. It's been a very tiring day in the underworld and that dimension.

I am so tired.

(Phana's POV)

This land was the territory of Aether Clan. What a coincidence because we are not that far from neutral lands. Sooner or later, I believe our friends will find us.

I ask Yo about what happened and he explains everything to me. About the true magic, about the seal, about the past he saw.

We are sitting near a lake next to each other. Yo is resting his head on my shoulder and after a while, he falls asleep.He must so exhausted.

We are both out of mana and we can't use teleportation magic to go back to the dorms. I know that I have said that we should inform the others when Yo is found, but it's impossible for now. I can't even summon a familiar because I don't have enough mana left.

Sleeping with that position will hurt his neck, so I pick him up gently and make him sit on my lap. His side is leaning against my body. I let him rest his head on my shoulder then he snuggles closer to me and gets a more comfortable position for himself.

While he sleeps in my embrace, I wait for the others to find us.

I finally realize that there's stain of blood under his nose and his ears. He must have pushed his limits. He's so stubborn. I am going to clean him up when we get back to the dorms.

After around an hour waiting, I see a familiar face flying towards us. It's the chancellor. He lands on the ground then sits on his knees in front of me. "Is he okay? Is he..." He tries to contain his voice by covering his mouth with his hand. He is sobbing but he tries to hold back his cries.