Chapter 19 - The Underworld

A/N: This is the fourth update today. Read Chapter 16, 17, and 18 first .
(also the Rules to the Magic World 2 if you feel like it)

------------------------------

(Phana's POV)

I enter the gate and find myself standing on an open field in the underworld. It's a creepy dark place with no lights whatsoever in it. But, with dark magic, we can see in the underworld even without a light.

Thanatos is standing behind Park, with his scythe around Park's neck.

"Get your scythe off him, Thanatos. I want to kill him myself."

"You can't be serious! I am your fellow clanmate!"

"So?" I ask him with an unimpressed look. I start collecting the power of darkness and turn it into two swords. I have one sword for each hand.

"Do you really think I won't fight back?!" Park shouts in fear.

"That should be my question. Yo might be too weak to fight you back, but I can fight in his stead."

He laughs a little bit to my statement. "Him? Weak? Little do you know, Pha. He is the one that our clan has been looking for, since the last 18 years."

"What do you mean?"

"The last descendant of Aether Clan."

I stop walking towards him. I try to comprehend what he is talking about. "He is from Gaia Clan." Yo said this when we had dinner together at the hotpot restaurant.

"So that's where he's been all the time. Don't you remember what the clan master told us when we were young? Report if we find the one with light magic. I have seen it with my own eyes. I will surely get rewarded if I tell the clan master where the last descendant is." Park laughs like there's no tomorrow.

I run to him, then stab the two swords right beside his vital organs. "If I move these swords even an inch, you know that you'll rot in this place forever."

"W-Wait.. Pha.."

I take out the swords, looking at him fall on his knees. "Fight me, Park. If I win, you will have to obey whatever I say."

"Not.. fair.. You have mastered dark element bending. If you let me have a dark deity to fight alongside me, I'll take that challenge."

Such a coward.

Thanatos barges into our conversation, with its usual eerie laugh. "Haha... haha... haha... Then I will fight alongside you, Master Pha... haha..."

"No need, Thanatos. Just enjoy the show."

"Haha... haha... haha... understood..." A dark deity loves to be a servant of a strong dark magic user. If I show him my strength, he will be more than satisfied to be summoned by me again.

Park starts summoning a deity to help him fight me, "I summon thee: Lamia!" 

He doesn't need to open a gate because we are already in the underworld. Lamia, huh? Nice choice, but she is not as strong as Thanatos. Lamia is not as strong as me.

"Ovia satarasuka stokadi! (I command the power of darkness!)" I enchant the spell of dark bending. I turn the darkness around me into wings, which will help me fly better in this world. Neutral magic is really weak so I won't use it here to fly. 

Park tries shooting orbs of darkness to me but I can dodge them easily in the air. Lamia shoots poisonous slime and it gets on my legs. Though my legs hurt and the poison is spreading, that is not enough to stop me.