Chapter 36 - True Magic User

A/N: Yep! A double update!
This is the second update today.

Read Chapter 35 first, if you haven't.

------------------------------

Before Aether meets Phana

(Aether's POV)

"All of you. Go to the humans you should meet. I will have to go somewhere first." I say to the four elemental deities. They fly into the magic circle in the sky, leaving me behind.

I am about to go to a light magic user named Phana but then I remember something important. I should go to that person. I should break him free from the spell that is binding him.

I know exactly what will happen to me if I dare show up in front of the dark clan. But to me, Wayo's life is more important than my own. Khamnan and Lawana Panitchayasawad have entrusted their child to me. I love that child like my own son.

Khamnan is currently under Erebus' spell which turns him into a dark magic user. Erebus Clan master even used a memory-mending spell on Khamnan to make him forget about his only son.

I know that it's risky to meet Khamnan in the dark clan territory. But, I have to meet him first. This is a chance for me to break him free from Erebus' control. He has been under Erebus Clan master's supervision all the time but the clan master is in the underworld right now. I can handle some guards in that territory myself.

I fly into the magic circle then head to his place in the human world, the dark clan territory. He is the chancellor of his son's university but he has never met his son even once in that place. It saddens me to see those two apart, they should be together.

The one who is supposed to protect Wayo is not a deity, but a father. It's already enough for that child to lose a mother. I will make sure that he will be with his father.

I have finally arrived at the dark clan territory. Fortunately, the guards are not here. There are some dark magic users here but I can make them lose their evil desire for a certain period of time. While they are under my spell, I have to use the chance to free Khamnan.

I have watched over him from Valhalla as well. I know where to find him.

When I appear in his house, Khamnan is shocked to see me. "Who are you?!"

Thankfully, the guards of dark clan are not here either. "Remember, Khamnan." I say to him.

Hearing my voice, he calms down. "How do you know my name?"

"Remember. I beg of you." I walk to Khamnan then stop right in front of him. While enchanting my spell, I place my finger on his forehead. "With the power of hope, thou art to go back to the light."

"What are..." His body glows in white lights and he watches as his body shines. He shakes his head a few times, clearing his mind. "... Aether?" He finally recognizes me.

I don't have much time left. Without the help of mana, I can't stay here for too long. I have to find that child, Phana. He has to know where Wayo is.

Before I leave, I make sure to tell Khamnan. "I am sorry for being too late. This was the only chance that I had. Now, go to your son."

"Wait." He seems to remember what he has been through. "That bastard. For 18 years... during these 18 years..." I know that he is angry but this is not the time for that.